Page 34 of 122 FirstFirst ... 2432333435364484 ... LastLast

Thread: Drskmishra

Very nice work, love the shape of the roses, you are improving so much and fast

Lovely stuff.

On the loaf of bread, I would perhaps consider using your contrast a little more to define the planes. But it's all looking good. Well done.

"Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Thanks for all the encouraging words, sir. Shall continue to improve on my basics.

Like the others have said - it is inspiring to see how far you have come in your art and the rose painting is lovely.
    June.

Oh God of homeless things, look down
    And try to ease the way
    Of all the little weary paws
    That walk the world
    today.
    -
    Unknown.

http://enug66.deviantart.com/gallery/

[My setup: hp 15in laptop,11th Gen Intel Core i7-1165G7 @ 2.80GHz 2.70 GHz, 8.00 GB RAM, 24in Acer 2nd monitor, Huion Kamvas 20 Pro display tablet, Windows 11, ArtRage Vitae.
    My painting real-estate is extended across three monitors.]

Thanks for the kind words.

Thorns!

Have been observing roses in my lawn, was fascinated by thorns. Have tried to do them as they appear early in the morning. Looking forward to comments and suggestions please.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	155 
Size:	296.4 KB 
ID:	88601  

This is ART very dood. Fantastic painting.
    Visit my website here

Interesting contrast -- pleasure and pain in relatively equal parts.

What would my comment be about the painting itself?

It looks to me that you put into it that which you found relevant. If one is painting for themselves only, then it's not worth contemplating beyond whether it was pleasurable for the artist to do like him putting together a puzzle. They're not designed for others' enjoyment. They're for the pleasure of doing it. But as an artist who may be doing art for others, you have many more things at your disposal to employ. You merely used a couple. Your skill level has been shown in previous paintings to exceed this by a lot. Having seen your high water mark, I can only put the question back to you.

We get out of it what we put into it. If you're happy, I'm happy. But I would consider approaching future paintings more like poetry rather than a quick headline in a newspaper -- expand the meaning of it to give someone something to wander though. Or another approach might be where you consider it like a journal where you also use words to describe your experience along with a sketch as a combined experience. Having read your comments I could see you having particular sensitivity to nature which could turn into something profound. So it would be to keep a record for your own journey of someone walking through life "lit up" for others to see through your eyes. Like "Today, I walked in the garden and came upon. . . which affected me thus. . . because. . . and what it taught me was. . ." etc. Many people would love to be turned on and learn where the "On" switch is.

Just a simple example of how painting can work in harmony with other expressions and can thus make it all the more poignant. And you may thereafter find your painting takes on more of a specific role for you, which can make it easier to know how far to take it. It could be that structure becomes less important than color and expressive marks, and so on, where you're expressing something that is connected with your personal experience.

Again, that is something for you to discover and calibrate to your inner interests. Art can be an outer expression of the inner, especially once one gets past learning some rudimentary basics in the craft. I think you're ready to become an artist in that sense.
    Last edited by D Akey; 12-28-2015 at 01:42 PM.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Painting like a poetry, I get your point sir, thanks for being critical. Shall keep your guidelines in mind, as always. Thanks again, sir.

Cityscape

Have tried to improve upon the earlier one. Request opinions from learned seniors please.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	167 
Size:	230.9 KB 
ID:	88638