Page 32 of 122 FirstFirst ... 2230313233344282 ... LastLast

Thread: Drskmishra

Quote Originally Posted by Drskmishra View Post
    Learning to paint the roses in my front yard. Long way to go, I know. Need suggestions from all please.
    Well, your leg will heal and you'll find that your front yard is not so very far to go as you might think. That's where the roses are, isn't it.

And. . . this picture is really a departure for you. I love the way you have combined line and tone. Your line is not bad at all! And the pastel complements it in a very refreshing combination. I know this isn't a fashion drawing, but I have seen many fashion drawings (from my long ago days in illustration) that really are underrated generally. They were often very innovative with line and pastel (or other dry medium like charcoal if it was in BW). . . or for that matter they would be far more experimental.

A lot depended on the subject and the mood that they were trying to convey, whether glamour, or business conservative, or sweet, even flashy. Too many to name. But the point is that they were free and sought the essence of that which they depicted and found a style that let them be innovative with a lot of range to their expression. And once they had done enough to make it their own signature, as it were, they could draw/paint anything at all and it would really surprise and delight.

I also very much like the fruit in the bowl. It has a rich softness, evoking for me a warm hearth and home feeling. So there's a whole lot going on already in your pictures, where you seem to be very adept at going for the essence of the subject you're portraying.

Not so very far to go with your art to make it something to appreciate. Hope it's merely innate humility and not that you really feel it's lacking. You're moving fast like a horse that's taken the bit in it's teeth, as the saying goes.

"Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Sir, my leg is doing well, as you have rightly guessed and I'm literally limping back to normal! In fact my stay in bed has helped me learn some painting skills. How well, is for you all to decide. But I'm enjoying it for sure. And I've always benefitted from suggestions through this forum. Thanks for your continuous involvement in my journey.

Lemons

Another of my still life attempts, the lemons. Invite suggestions from all please.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	164 
Size:	114.6 KB 
ID:	88384  

Quote Originally Posted by Drskmishra View Post
    Another of my still life attempts, the lemons. Invite suggestions from all please.
    Wow! Another giant leap forward! And healing from a broken leg too. . . that's quite a trick!

Okay -- a suggestion -- maintain the levels of dark in your shadows, especially if you have a really dark bit in your background, you have to have it at least that dark somewhere in the foreground. The foreground shadow on the table is too light by a lot. Other than that, this is really good. Nice detail in the sliced open limes. Good form and values. Reads like a proper citrus.

Well done!

"Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Sir, thanks for pointing out the darkness thing.

Wonderful colors and very well done
    Visit my website here

Thanks ma'm for the encouraging words.

Morning rose

Roses in the morning, have been watching it bloom. Not very brilliantly done but the roses are far far more beautiful in my lawn! Comments and suggestions from all please.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Not bad at all and You're getting a personal style indeed!
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Thanks so much sir for your encouragement.