Page 31 of 122 FirstFirst ... 2129303132334181 ... LastLast

Thread: Drskmishra

Have checked out all your paintings and am amazed how you have improved, you get great advise from members of this forum, and you are listening, good for you, your last painting is wonderful, love the sky and the beautiful cloud, keep them coming and just have fun

Thanks for the kind words.

Quote Originally Posted by pai View Post
    the cloud so beautiful painted. really like it
    Thanks for the encouragement.

This is crazy. I could have sworn I posted comments on these. Oh well. I'll do it now.

I really like them. The high key colors are very effective in both snow and sea when it has that tropical blue to it. I will suggest that you get into working for contrast some more to give them some added weight. . . if you like. Right now they have a hand done, interpretive feel owing to the rawness of the colors. It gives them a more direct quality than a practiced character.

A recommendation, if you like, would be to push one way or the other more for some experiments (not to please my eye, but rather for you to find if you like those color ranges better. So more of a graphic colorful statement, or a heavier and with more contrast, giving it more of a naturalistic look. That doesn't mean make everything muddy. It's more about picking what you want to be bright and then back off that brightness in other areas of the painting. . . .if that's something you want to try.

If I were guessing, I would think you are someone who would like to keep it light and airy, telling the story of the locations like a storyteller picks and chooses their words and how they say them, rather than just giving a factual or melodramatic account. But that's just a guess.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Thanks sir for having taken a look at my paintings, your suggestions well taken and like always, I value them.

Beautiful ilke very much
    Visit my website here

Lovely works, beautiful lighting effects too!
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/andreamgart

That's what art's about, isn't it -- at some point it's about the relationship between the art and the viewer, sort of like speed dating. (D Akey)

Thanks both of you for the kind words.

Rosebuds

Learning to paint the roses in my front yard. Long way to go, I know. Need suggestions from all please.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	159 
Size:	260.5 KB 
ID:	88347  

Apples

Have tried to paint apples, learning effects of lighting on still objects. Invite comments and suggestions from leaned artists please.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	161 
Size:	178.0 KB 
ID:	88366