Page 100 of 122 FirstFirst ... 50909899100101102110 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,000 of 1216

Thread: Drskmishra

Much better! Excellent adjustments. So you're now getting a handle on it. Well done.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

100 pages into this thread, Newcomer!

Sir, thanks for your observation, I take is as a complement on completing my journey through these 100 pages. I'm truely indebted to all senior artists who have painstakingly been bearing with my trash and also been encouraging me with genuinely valuable inputs! Shall continue to improve on my work, thanks everyone again!
    Lifetime learner

100 pages! Great mile marker for your progress. Congratulations! It's been a pleasure.

The best is yet to come
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

On a quiet beach

Yet another attempt at refining my understanding of beaches, rocks and waves. Plain vanilla theme! Shall welcome suggestions from all.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpeg 
Views:	130 
Size:	226.8 KB 
ID:	98982  
    Lifetime learner

Overall it's good for the choices you've made. I'll just make comments on how I would paint it. I cannot speak for everyone's taste. But I have rules that work for me which my comment will reflect:

You're showing precision which is good. Things are where they belong as far as the drawing goes. So it's half way there. The placement is good, but the colors and values are in slight opposition to creating the illusion of distance. Because you have not cooled down the colors in the distance and you have some darks in the water farther away, it feels slightly like the distance is pulling forward toward the viewer rather than laying back down. So it's a little inconsistent for that reason.

In the mind of the viewer they would have no problem knowing what belongs where. But their impression would perhaps be slightly interfered with because they would have to make the adjustment in their own head. And if you wanted to jazz it up with color, you certainly could make it less plain vanilla by expanding your palette. Those rocks would be a natural place to add some colors beyond the formula of: Rocks are merely brown, water is that simple color of blue, etc. I can see you have some minor variations in there, but not enough to feel colorful.

Again, this is just how I would approach it.

Thanks, sir, for your observations! The distant rocks needed to be in less defined haze of lighter shades perhaps! Or they should not have been there altogether maybe. Shall consider the points the next time! Thanks again sir!
    Lifetime learner

Shallow river

Have been learning to do the underwater pebbles and rocks, observing videos and paintings! Many flaws I'm sure, looking for suggestions from all please.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpeg 
Views:	134 
Size:	190.7 KB 
ID:	98985  
    Lifetime learner

I like it a lot. I think perhaps the water in the foreground could perhaps have some reflections fading down to indicate that there is water rather than just the refracted ripples on the stones at the bottom being the only hint. The underwater color and the surface stones could be handled a little differently from each other but it's not bad and it's likely natural. I just like to be a little more emphatic about it. The other caution would be that water is generally around the same level unless it's raging or crashing, so if you wanted it to seem placid then you would want to insure that the water looks consistently leveled.

None the less, I like the colors and the brushwork. The values are better in that they indicate/explain to the viewer that there is some distance as well.

I think it's a rich painting. Lots to look at. Challenging angle that you made work. Good one.
    Last edited by D Akey; 05-10-2020 at 12:31 PM.

Yes sir, the water level should have been one all along, but I guess I lost control on the way! Shall need to practise more perhaps. Thanks for your guidance, sir!
    Lifetime learner

Boots

Lockdown has had boots hung up! Any good? Suggestions please.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Lifetime learner