Page 7 of 122 FirstFirst ... 567891757107 ... LastLast

Thread: Drskmishra

Good stuff! I love the beach as a way to get a very complicated image done with all that detail and so on. Almost like you are telling a story of your visit in a pictogram.

All looking quite nice! Very pleasurable viewing all these. Bravo!
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

I like all of your paintings especially the vibrant colours. they are very cheerful.

Very good paintings and have style I see already. Beautiful works

Quote Originally Posted by D Akey View Post
    Good stuff! I love the beach as a way to get a very complicated image done with all that detail and so on. Almost like you are telling a story of your visit in a pictogram.

All looking quite nice! Very pleasurable viewing all these. Bravo!
    Indeed sir, a pictogram, Happened to spend a lot of time on Bondi last summer. Thanks for your observation.

Quote Originally Posted by vandra View Post
    I like all of your paintings especially the vibrant colours. they are very cheerful.
    Thanks for being kind to my attempts at painting.

Quote Originally Posted by pai View Post
    Very good paintings and have style I see already. Beautiful works
    Thanks for your observations.

Hollyhocks in my lawn. Suggestions please.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	226 
Size:	357.8 KB 
ID:	85872  

What a wonderful front yard you must have, and a great source for painting. Where I live here in California, they're really making everyone cut way back on watering and scenes like this are going to get more and more rare making such rich paintings of lavish gardens all the more appealing. But even based on its own merits, regardless of those considerations, it's really beautiful.

I love the array of flowers you've created. Nice design. I like the variations on the theme using scale and distribution around the canvas. And the details are a celebration of the character of the flowers.

The one thing I might comment on, and this is based on personal taste, is your investigating mixing colors and control over your values and saturation. Right now, everything is roughly the same saturation of color, and the values are within a certain spectral bandwidth. And there's a time and place for that. It's certainly not a bad thing as you have it. In fact, it's very good.

But to characterize it, right now you're design is delicate. No problem. But there are other choices for other paintings. If you ever wanted to experiment with using contrast more, it would give your paintings a slightly more dramatic quality. In a nutshell, if one starts out with some neutrality, then atop that when one puts in areas of stronger color, those marks then stand out more, and the tonal accents have somewhere to go. If you have everything bright and add something else bright, it will be more subtle.

If one chooses to make everything bright throughout the picture, it makes the painting's statement more one of an overall tone. Again, that's okay. It's merely a matter of the artist's taste and what they want to say and the voice they want to use. There's a time and place for everything. And this painting is quite beautiful as it stands and the quality holding the interest is in large part the compositional design and the way you're orchestrating the display of the flowers. I quite like it. It shows a lot of growth (pun intended). Excellent momentum.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Quote Originally Posted by D Akey View Post
    What a wonderful front yard you must have, and a great source for painting. Where I live here in California, they're really making everyone cut way back on watering and scenes like this are going to get more and more rare making such rich paintings of lavish gardens all the more appealing. But even based on its own merits, regardless of those considerations, it's really beautiful.

I love the array of flowers you've created. Nice design. I like the variations on the theme using scale and distribution around the canvas. And the details are a celebration of the character of the flowers.

The one thing I might comment on, and this is based on personal taste, is your investigating mixing colors and control over your values and saturation. Right now, everything is roughly the same saturation of color, and the values are within a certain spectral bandwidth. And there's a time and place for that. It's certainly not a bad thing as you have it. In fact, it's very good.

But to characterize it, right now you're design is delicate. No problem. But there are other choices for other paintings. If you ever wanted to experiment with using contrast more, it would give your paintings a slightly more dramatic quality. In a nutshell, if one starts out with some neutrality, then atop that when one puts in areas of stronger color, those marks then stand out more, and the tonal accents have somewhere to go. If you have everything bright and add something else bright, it will be more subtle.

If one chooses to make everything bright throughout the picture, it makes the painting's statement more one of an overall tone. Again, that's okay. It's merely a matter of the artist's taste and what they want to say and the voice they want to use. There's a time and place for everything. And this painting is quite beautiful as it stands and the quality holding the interest is in large part the compositional design and the way you're orchestrating the display of the flowers. I quite like it. It shows a lot of growth (pun intended). Excellent momentum.
    Sir, I understand what you are suggesting, a blurred background would look rational in it. But honestly, I could not do injustice to the bright screaming yellow flowers that is is creating a floral carpet of sorts! Sure I shall follow the advice in future, thanks for you valuable observations.

Forest, painted again. Any better?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	199 
Size:	346.9 KB 
ID:	85969