Page 103 of 122 FirstFirst ... 35393101102103104105113 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,030 of 1216

Thread: Drskmishra

Thanks so much, for me every opinion\ suggestion is important, and I always look forward to them! Thanks again!
    Lifetime learner

Taking on a technical challenge with the odd elliptical shapes for the shade tube in front of each light. The green looks luminous. Putting a background out of focus is always effective. Certainly puts the attention on the in-focus part of the pic.

I love the idea of returning to daily life.

A technical suggestion would be that the foreground mechanical pole, light and bird are painted in a really hairy way, where there's a lot of choppy marks that do not match the background because the building is blurred and thus smooth throughout. That contrast makes the overriding statement in this picture between the paint application methods. If you choose to blur, it forces you to paint in a cleaner, more polished way.

But I love the message. Hope everyone on the planet will find that balance between safety and still be able to keep the economy working for everyone's benefit.

I hope you personally will still be taking precautions for your health.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Pumpkin

Tried this slice of pumpkin, the seeds and all, any good? Seeking suggestions from all please.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpeg 
Views:	179 
Size:	137.4 KB 
ID:	99052  
    Lifetime learner

Quote Originally Posted by D Akey View Post
    Taking on a technical challenge with the odd elliptical shapes for the shade tube in front of each light. The green looks luminous. Putting a background out of focus is always effective. Certainly puts the attention on the in-focus part of the pic.

I love the idea of returning to daily life.

A technical suggestion would be that the foreground mechanical pole, light and bird are painted in a really hairy way, where there's a lot of choppy marks that do not match the background because the building is blurred and thus smooth throughout. That contrast makes the overriding statement in this picture between the paint application methods. If you choose to blur, it forces you to paint in a cleaner, more polished way.

But I love the message. Hope everyone on the planet will find that balance between safety and still be able to keep the economy working for everyone's benefit.

I hope you personally will still be taking precautions for your health.
    Sorry i missed your post. Thanks for all the points that you mentioned sir, I'm always benefited by your suggestions, thanks so much for my health concern! Still contuing with my telemedicine consultations, so safe so far. But missing out on patients in flesh and blood, which as an artist you also would appreciate!
    Lifetime learner

The cantaloupe looks good in an old school traditional way. Soft golden light and browns. The palette is limited (appropriate for the style of the times). The only thing I would do differently would be to paint the seeds with more clarity. But it's not a big deal. The lighting, palette and old style of knife tell me it's a period style piece.

Were you to make it more modern, like with a product advertisement, it would have a stronger style of lighting featuring things like the slick moistness of the meat of the fruit making it appear juicier and more appetizing, like it was just now cut open. Could even have it leak some onto the table if you wanted. So to get some of that effect you would be using highlights and richer oranges with less brown in the middle of it. So for the more modern food look you would have richer color, more sparkle and smoother transitions.
    But that's a whole different vibe than say if someone painted it in oils in the 1600s before they learned certain visual tricks from photography.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Indeed very fine points sir! Shall definitely take into account in future paintings. Thanks again sir!
    Lifetime learner

Corona warrior

We doctors are facing real challenge these days, have tried to depict how difficult it is to work in the impervious protection gears during hot and humid conditions. Technically there might be many flaws, I'm sure it could have been better! Seeking suggestions from all please.

Views:	135 
Size:	235.4 KB 
ID:	99083  
    Lifetime learner

It's almost like science fiction, isn't it. So very challenging. When wearing rubber gloves my hands were drenched from sweat when taking them off. I can only imagine what it's like to wear all that protective gear. Hats off to them all.

Your painting tells the tale. One look at it and you know it's a worrisome thing, especially since they're sticking their neck out for others day after day. I hope they can sustain themselves as it's probably drawing great energy from them bit by bit -- even just wearing all that.

Nice job. Almost like a journal entry where you can look at this as a mile marker on a long journey. Make sure you keep a date on them so when you look back on it in years to come you know the exact context.

Thanks to all the generous souls.

Thanks for your kind words sir, both for my painting and my profession that's getting more challenging every passing day. Everybody, please be safe!
    Lifetime learner

On a secluded beach

Have tried to do shadows and rocks, any suggestions?

Views:	162 
Size:	237.6 KB 
ID:	99129  
    Lifetime learner