Page 78 of 122 FirstFirst ... 2868767778798088 ... LastLast

Thread: Drskmishra

Sir, thanks a lot for your kind observations!
    Lifetime learner

Coffee

Have tried this cup, saucer and bubbles, seeking suggestions from all please.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpeg 
Views:	152 
Size:	117.9 KB 
ID:	97493  
    Lifetime learner

Bubbles

Have tried to do it after learning for some days, any good?
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Lifetime learner

Nice stuff. Keep at it. You'll see more and more as you do it. One thing I would suggest is to look at your transitions if at all possible. One way to accomplish a stroke fading out is to paint it on a separate layer and then with a really soft, big eraser, erase it back. You can also reduce the intensity of how much it erases and gradually erase. Those are a couple things you can do. That works with more than highlights too.

Good challenges. Lots of interesting things included. I think learning to gradate will make all the difference for you because you have the information where it belongs. Now it's a matter of transitions. Another way to say what I mean is that you have been adding marks which is the way traditional paint is often done. Now it's a matter of thinking of the reduction. You have positive working, but you need the negative -- and of course the transitions between the two.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Thanks sir. Shall try as suggested.
    Lifetime learner

I have to confess I'm a novice lvl when it comes to doing paintings in artrage even though I've had artrage since ArtRage 2.6 Full Edition. However I'm a fairly decent artist when I do it by hand on a canvas with a wide variety of brushes. I Love your picture it is so detailed. I love the leaves on your trees I'm going to have to play with the programs some more to see if I can get that effect.
    That is a very nice piece of Art. I'd print it and hang it on my wall.
    ~Hawk~

My suggestion for the coffee cup is to draw the shape first on a layer using pencil and use tools like a ruler or a grid to get the ellipse at the top of the cup and the ellipse of the saucer just right before you start to lay down paint.

Here is a good video with tips re. drawing first (on canvas but equally applicable to digital art):

https://youtu.be/NZ0y4MiM-pc

Also, was the spoon present in your reference? It seems to a casual viewer that that the spoon should be reflected in the cup. If you painted it from imagination, you could try setting up a similar situation in real life to see how the reflection should appear.

Thanks sir for your kind suggestions, spoon was actually an afterthought! Shall take into account next time, thanks again.
    Lifetime learner

The pout

Just did a quick one on this, reflections and all. Seeking suggestions from all please.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpeg 
Views:	158 
Size:	90.7 KB 
ID:	97562  
    Lifetime learner

Got some nice things happening there with your chiseled stroke technique. Personally, I would keep your technique happening and make sure that your drawing is accurate, or at least adjust along the way. What often happens is that we fixate on solving one visual problem, as with the painting technique, and ignore another one, as with the structure of the object one is painting. In this case that lower lip, with no context other than itself (and perhaps the Rocky Horror opening), one can only look at it and compare it to normal anatomy. The overall shape is a bit off, but it can be fixed if you have a clear reference photo. Were I doing it, I would put the original on a layer and reduce the transparency to see how the shapes differ and go in and clean it up.

But the paint technique is your own and you can really experiment with making it work in infinite contexts. If you have a chance, I would recommend looking at John Berkey, the illustrator, who took this kind of technique to a masterful level. His forte was machinery and spaceships and hardware. But that was just who would hire him -- sci-fi book publishers and so forth. And that was his niche. But he did lots of other things as well, but that was what he was known for I think.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream