Page 105 of 122 FirstFirst ... 55595103104105106107115 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,050 of 1216

Thread: Drskmishra

Beach house

Done this after a while, learning to do shadows. Seeking suggestions from all please.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpeg 
Views:	134 
Size:	281.1 KB 
ID:	99353  
    Lifetime learner

Good to see your posting.

What I would recommend in regards to doing shadows in general it's a good idea to note that there are varying kinds from strong to more transparent. But in general it's a far more satisfying result if you mix darker and cooler shades that have some of the local color in it. Look at the shadows across the wall and the door. It's looking like a dark vine plant rather than a shadow because the colors don't relate to the color of the object they are cast over. So you would mix one way for the stucco wall and another color for the door, and of course you can subdivide based on direction all you want, whether there is bounce light entering the area in shadow and so on.

But even if you're wanting to paint like an impressionist with very broad and general areas of color, you might like treating the shadows based on the local color of the shaded object.

Shadows also have a character of their own as to edges and so on but that's not as important for now. Mixing color is.

I really love the optimism of this painting. It feels bright and vital and joyous and filled with love. Good bounce back. I assume your engaging patients in person and the joy you alluded to in the last post have filled you with good vibes. Glad to see it.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Thanks for the suggestions sir, shall have to do more of them. And yes, things have started getting better here, though the number of cases are rising exponentially. Recovery rates are satisfactory by all standards. At my health centre, we are seeing regular/chronic patients who have been out of focus in the larger crisis of corona. For them its a great relief!
    Lifetime learner

Beautiful painting!

Zings with wonderful color.
    Appreciation fosters well-being. Be well.
    Thread with bunches of my AR paintings-conversations. Here

Thanks both of you for the kind words!
    Lifetime learner

Well, medical folk are the heroes for sure. Keep up the good service work, Doctor.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Frog on a lilypad

Found this frog pretty fascinating! Any good? Seeking suggestions from all please.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpeg 
Views:	146 
Size:	238.0 KB 
ID:	99382  
    Lifetime learner

Regarding your subject, the frog, it's rather interesting how it could be seen as a metaphor for a doctor seeing patients. Each patient's situation is like a lily pad where the frog jumps and lands for a moment onto their world. And the pond is filled with lily pads. In addition, you show blossoms, which are like the realization of good health, if not consciousness beyond the physical (seeing the jewel in the center of the lotus within each patient and reminding them that is the part of their nature for them to draw out above and beyond maladies of the body). Anyway that's how it strikes me. The frog could be a medical professional's totem animal in this regard.

There is a fascinating thing that happens to my eyes scanning the painting. As I try to move around my eyes are compelled to shoot right back to the frog, somehow a riveting focal point. I would think it would be the bright purple flower (it seems theory might say????), but no, my eyes just get pulled back to the frog. I don't know if that's intentional, but it sure somehow comes out that way (for me). In my abstract paintings I sometimes try to "cause" these kinds of things (it occasionally works), so this really sorta grabbed my attention. Maybe it's the white in the eyes. :-)
    Last edited by byroncallas; 07-25-2020 at 02:20 PM. Reason: an afterthought.
    Appreciation fosters well-being. Be well.
    Thread with bunches of my AR paintings-conversations. Here