Page 79 of 122 FirstFirst ... 2969777879808189 ... LastLast

Thread: Drskmishra

Thanks sir, the lower lip does look distracting! Shall take care in future, thanks again.
    Lifetime learner

Chillies

Have given it a try, reflections, shadow and all. Looking forward to suggestions from all please.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpeg 
Views:	129 
Size:	256.5 KB 
ID:	97610  
    Lifetime learner

Looks nice and spicy. Good one!
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Sir, thanks a lot for your kind words! Looks like I'm on track, shall try to improve further, thanks again.
    Lifetime learner

Flower vase

Have tried to do the flowers, vase and reflections, any good?

Views:	164 
Size:	207.7 KB 
ID:	97620  
    Lifetime learner

The peppers are so real and so painterly too. Love that one

The flower vase has some nice stuff happening. The vase is frosty, which may be the kind of glass. So it's hard to comment on. Ordinarily, when you have so much black in the painting and so saturated with the color of the flowers, you would want to go a little richer throughout. But I don't know the reference you're using. I can only go by how it appears, and I personally would include some of that contrast in the vase.

If it's normal transparent glass, then that's a whole other thing in which case you would want to have more darks in it or perhaps pick up some of the color of the flowers reflected in it to add interest and make it feel more like it's part of the same environment. Sometimes one has to push things further than normal to achieve this cohesiveness. But that's just a guess based on generic painting principles.

It's a sweet piece and some stuff in it is very pleasant. Keep painting. Even though I had criticism, it belies the fact that you're learning so much and extending your skills.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Thanks ma'm.
    Lifetime learner

Quote Originally Posted by D Akey View Post
    The flower vase has some nice stuff happening. The vase is frosty, which may be the kind of glass. So it's hard to comment on. Ordinarily, when you have so much black in the painting and so saturated with the color of the flowers, you would want to go a little richer throughout. But I don't know the reference you're using. I can only go by how it appears, and I personally would include some of that contrast in the vase.

If it's normal transparent glass, then that's a whole other thing in which case you would want to have more darks in it or perhaps pick up some of the color of the flowers reflected in it to add interest and make it feel more like it's part of the same environment. Sometimes one has to push things further than normal to achieve this cohesiveness. But that's just a guess based on generic painting principles.

It's a sweet piece and some stuff in it is very pleasant. Keep painting. Even though I had criticism, it belies the fact that you're learning so much and extending your skills.
    Thanks sir, got carried away with the flowers perhaps!
    Lifetime learner

Glass, still life

Have tried to understand the reflections, retractions, light and shadows. Looking forward to suggestions from all please.

Views:	168 
Size:	140.6 KB 
ID:	97625  
    Lifetime learner