Page 109 of 122 FirstFirst ... 95999107108109110111119 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,090 of 1216

Thread: Drskmishra

Quote Originally Posted by Drskmishra View Post
    You got it, sir! Even i found it out afterwards! And yes, I'm keeping healthy! Also with some degree of pride, i wish to put it on record that i treated over 40 patients of the dreaded virus successfully during last 3months! All these patients belong to poor families with limited resources. Hope to continue on with my efforts till we have a proper vaccine at hand. Thanks once again sir for all the good wishes!
    Courageous work! I'm sure those poor souls are deeply appreciative.

The part of your comment that popped out was that you treated them successfully!!!!!! WOW!!!!!!!! I assume that means they have recovered. That's tremendous. And it gives hope to so many that you posted this to make it visible to those beyond your local community.

Still, take proper care of yourself and your staff, in addition to the patients.

Bravo, Doctor!!!!!!

"Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Thanks so much sir for all the kind words!

Just Chillies

Have given them a try again, learning to do shadows and highlights. Any good? Seek suggestions from all please.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Lifetime learner

Looks pretty good and pretty incomplete, like you ran out of gas a bit.

Nice destination for the road trip. Nice brushwork on the peppers. Cylinders pumping. Engine sounding good. And off you went, spirits high.

Alas, your car puttered out along the road and didn't make it to the next gas station. No problem. Was a good effort. There will be a next time.

So, what I see is that you started out with nice painterly work on the vegetables. You're getting into juicy colors that add good interest to the viewer's eye. But that sensibility didn't carry over into the flat background. You didn't even continue the table top to the left side. The shadow took care of it on the right, but I'm guessing because of the left side, you were just ending the shadow and not thinking overmuch about it being an environment.

Also, you've established your shadow as very dark, nearly black. In a naturalistic painting, having a place in the picture that dark sort of requires that you run a full value range throughout for it to feel like the same world. Whether it's the core shadow on the pepper themselves, or a gradient in the back wall or on the tabletop, it needs to feel like it's lit with the same sensibility throughout. Also I would love to see some nice brushwork throughout the whole image (meaning some nice color accents, just to make it feel like it is the same universe as the peppers.)

Anyway, I know you're worn out from work, so take what I'm suggesting to merely be something to file away for later. I'm sure once you're more rested it will all come together at least to the level of your previous paintings, and beyond.

Stay well!
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Right sir, I was only into the capsicums, and little else. Indeed I should have focused on background too! Shall keep them in mind next time. Thanks for your valuable suggestions once again sir!
    Lifetime learner

Winter landscape

Have given it a try after a while, snow, shadows, trees and all. Seeking suggestions from all please.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpeg 
Views:	108 
Size:	253.8 KB 
ID:	100711  
    Lifetime learner

Nice snow scene. I love the colors and values.

One recommendation would be to consider that not all snow is usually in similar clumps. There is some that gets churned up by tires and snow plows, but it's often smoother. Also the trench where the tires went might be more tubular to create a variety for the eye to differentiate.

I would look at the character of the snow in its various forms from your source image, or look at pictures of snow. There's nothing wrong with this picture. It's just that it could be organized into storytelling bits that create a relationship of sections for added interest. If there are shapes the artist can exploit that with lighting, local color, shadow and reflected light to give it a graphic assist.

Anyway, it's looking like a holiday card. Nice one.

Please stay safe. My 95 year old mom got COVID-19 nearly 14 days ago. We're waiting to test her again. Crossing fingers that she will rebound fully. She's tough. Thank you for all the healing you're participating in. So grateful for the medical people like yourself.

Thanks so much sir for being so encouraging always! Hope to improve further next time. Hope your mum recovers from the dreaded virus soon. If 14 days are past then she should make it provided she has no concomitant illnesses like sugar or high BP. In any case, the blood tends to get clotted easily after she recovers so she needs to take tablets to keep the blood flowing for next few months. Also, dead virus continues to be detected by the testing mechanism even after two weeks so we have stopped retesting if the recovery been uneventful. All the very best sir!
    Lifetime learner

Thank you so much, Doctor. There is a lot of protections surrounding doctors when dealing with COVID units, particularly at this convalescent hospital. I have never managed to speak to the doctor and he doesn't return messages. So what you've told me is more real info than I'm getting here. The situation is in flux but since it's coming to where we will be negotiating her care beyond the insurance it may be the one time I can leverage a phone call. So now I have specific questions I can ask thanks to you. The care is pretty decent but not having a doctor communicating is frustrating. So here we go into the last part of her recovery phase with the virus. Her balance is still not great so we'll have physical therapy for her regularly to get her ambulatory. And that would go a long way to getting her home with her husband. So thanks again, Doctor.

Quote Originally Posted by D Akey View Post
    Thank you so much, Doctor. There is a lot of protections surrounding doctors when dealing with COVID units, particularly at this convalescent hospital. I have never managed to speak to the doctor and he doesn't return messages. So what you've told me is more real info than I'm getting here. The situation is in flux but since it's coming to where we will be negotiating her care beyond the insurance it may be the one time I can leverage a phone call. So now I have specific questions I can ask thanks to you. The care is pretty decent but not having a doctor communicating is frustrating. So here we go into the last part of her recovery phase with the virus. Her balance is still not great so we'll have physical therapy for her regularly to get her ambulatory. And that would go a long way to getting her home with her husband. So thanks again, Doctor.
    My pleasure, sir! Please let me know of the progress, thanks again!
    Lifetime learner