Page 46 of 122 FirstFirst ... 3644454647485696 ... LastLast

Thread: Drskmishra

Seascape

Have tried it, again. Seeking suggestions from all please.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpeg 
Views:	159 
Size:	223.5 KB 
ID:	90366  
    Lifetime learner

Better and better. The sea in all its forms and lightings. Marvellous colors and movements. You achieved what Your objective was when You first started with sea and waves painting!
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Sir, you've constantly by me in my learning, thanks.
    Lifetime learner

Wonderful work.

G'day from Australia.

I have thoroughly enjoyed looking at all your painting.

I love the choice of colours, the vibrance, the delicate work where you have people in some of the scenes. You have come such a long way in such a short time.

Best wishes and keep up the great work.

Seeya.

Thanks for encouraging words, hope to keep doing better.
    Lifetime learner

Strong colors making for a dramatic seascape. Looks a little like from the land of the midnight sun, where that water is icy.

Very nice. Full speed ahead.

"Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Thanks sir.
    Lifetime learner

Flowers

Tried flowers for the first time, any good? Seeking suggestions from all please.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpeg 
Views:	139 
Size:	199.0 KB 
ID:	90416  
    Lifetime learner

This feels painted, which is good as a choice on how to approach it - an artist's hand produced this as opposed to a camera, making it more personal and human. I have always been myself pleases when I could paint something from the middle tone to the highlights, leaving out the darks. It gives a lighter feeling of cleaner, unimpeded color.

Now if you take that sensibility, and with your underpainting or the first splashes of color on the canvas, that is, as a possible approach, a time when you can get really loose and splashy with your color. Watercolorists do this to great effect. Some painters do as well. So what you might do is splash in several colors generally in the area you want your subject to appear. At this stage you can go for a loose and wet-into-wet, or big brush scrubbing colors around. As such it's a general beginning without too much concern for any detail.

The difference between opaque and transparent media is whether you're adding darks or whether you're creating your middle value colors.

And then you either add on more specific light colors if your initial lay-in is darker or if you're working transparently, you add your darker colors. In both cases you want to work with the color you have down. And your additions would be to anchor some edges or partial shapes.

There are any number of divergent approaches possible as aesthetic choices from there, to leaving it airy and loose, all the way to with the opaque technique to painting it all in. But there are sketchier stages along the way that can be quite beautiful -- where you're giving the viewer enough of a push to see something, but not so completed and therefore they can complete the painting in their heads. It's also less work, where a light touch works rather well.

So that's just a couple ideas where this kind of sensibility you show could be taken. As always, it's the artist's choice.

"Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Thanks,sir. I always benefit from your wisdom and look forward to more of them.
    Lifetime learner