Page 92 of 122 FirstFirst ... 42829091929394102 ... LastLast

Thread: Drskmishra

Seascape, yet another

Have tried to do the crashing wave once again. Been trying to understand the details of wave forms, any good? Seeking suggestions from all please.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpeg 
Views:	157 
Size:	240.4 KB 
ID:	98670  
    Lifetime learner

Beachscape

Trying to learn more and more of waves and foam, any better? Seeking suggestions from all please.

Views:	169 
Size:	222.8 KB 
ID:	98707  
    Lifetime learner

The second wave set is lovely. I love the colors used. I think a key to waves and wave forms is being able to convey visual rhythm in a natural manner. A lot of times you'll need to augment what you see in order to convey the correct feeling. Turner was pretty good at this. Each wave form is a separate mass with character of it's own. Each wave builds upon the other creating a rhythm that helps the viewer make sense of the motion in the ocean.

Thanks for the observation Patrick!
    Lifetime learner

I can cope with most subjects in any medium, but I find water difficult at the best of times and it generally takes me half a dozen goes to get it anywhere near right. So, though I can't offer any advice, very well done for your efforts! Impressive.

Mike

I LOVE that explosive wave. Wow. The colors are fantastic and lively. The composition is great. The feel is super energetic. It's a great way to exploit your penchant for your frequently drawn brushwork (to the left of the explosion on the surface of the water). I think it may work particularly because the values are so close and the nature of the way foam sits on agitated sea water. It's more a fast impressionism technique -- and what could be faster than an exploding wave.

I would hang that in a second in my office and look at it regularly when I was feeling tired. A great reminder that a creative explosion is available to be had.

Really good. The second one looks like something you've done before. Is it a re-post? The subject is very different than the first one and as such it has a very different vibe.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Thanks sir for all the encouragement, yes the second one is an attempt to get the earlier ones better! Just learning to get the foam right!
    Lifetime learner

Quote Originally Posted by Mike A View Post
    I can cope with most subjects in any medium, but I find water difficult at the best of times and it generally takes me half a dozen goes to get it anywhere near right. So, though I can't offer any advice, very well done for your efforts! Impressive.

Mike
    Thanks, Mike, for your kind words!
    Lifetime learner

Sencillamente: Extraordinario!!! Esas olas, ese cielo, esa espuma .... me deslumbraron!!!
    Regards from Chile
    "El arte no reproduce lo visible. Lo hace visible" Paul Klee

Seascape, yet again

Trying to refine further, learning shadows and depth. Any improvements, seek suggestions from all please.

Views:	164 
Size:	223.8 KB 
ID:	98740  
    Lifetime learner