Page 33 of 122 FirstFirst ... 2331323334354383 ... LastLast

Thread: Drskmishra

Grapes

Another of my attempts on still life painting. Have tried to work more carefully on shadows this time. Invite suggestions from senior members please.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Very tasty! I love it. You've come so far since your first paintings, haven't you! Those highlights are really nice. The shapes are very cared for, which makes me care for them as a viewer. Generally, if an artist doesn't care about their painting, it's very hard to appreciate it. But you clearly cared for this one and as such I can really appreciate it on several levels.

This is a really excellent piece and you should be very pleased, as I am to look at how you're grasping so much.

Bravo!

Depending on how dark you want to go with it, and the way your monitor is set, on my monitor your darkest shadows are in the 80-90% range (with 100% being total black). It doesn't bother me because one doesn't need to always go all the way to black because they are not interested in that kind of punch. There are many cases where not going all the way to black is successful. And this is pretty nice as it is. But know that in future, you can push it all the way to black in your deepest shadows, even if it's in a very small bit. It extends the range. Illustrators often use it because it's more eye catching and photographic, if one's illustrations are that style. And fine artists don't always desire that much range because it just simply looks better as a higher key painting. So it's a matter of what you want to express.

But the feel of this one is very nice. The subtleties and sharp highlights play well together. And you should be most satisfied with it. So on to the next painting!

"Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Thanks for the kind appreciations, very encouraging indeed. Yes, my monitor is set at low brightness as it is kind on eyes. Shall keep it in mind the next time.

A very successful excercise again! Maybe just a little less symmetry and a little more off-centre position may help in this triangular composition ...
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Thanks, shall keep this symmetry consideration in mind next time.

Morning breakfast

Have given a try to this one again, shadows and all. Invite suggestions from all please.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	172 
Size:	173.3 KB 
ID:	88515  

I like the ethereal light You got in this soft-looking painting. Dramatic improvement from Your interesting start.
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Sir, thanks for your continued attention.

Red roses

Have used paint tube and knife for this one. The intense colors were quite strenuous to eyes. Invite comments and suggestions from all please.
    Attached Images Attached Images