Page 106 of 122 FirstFirst ... 65696104105106107108116 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,060 of 1216

Thread: Drskmishra

Thanks both of you for all the kind words, my sincere thanks! Several decades ago, in our bio classes, we ripped apart many of these poor things to learn the intricacies inside, without much feelings! I guess I should dedicate this one to all those beautiful frogs, Rana tigrina as they are called in biology!
    Lifetime learner

Quote Originally Posted by Drskmishra View Post
    Thanks both of you for all the kind words, my sincere thanks! Several decades ago, in our bio classes, we ripped apart many of these poor things to learn the intricacies inside, without much feelings! I guess I should dedicate this one to all those beautiful frogs, Rana tigrina as they are called in biology!
    Well, you've got a point there. I've stopped for a moment of silence considering your heartfelt dedication. :-)
    Appreciation fosters well-being. Be well.
    Thread with bunches of my AR paintings-conversations. Here

Love the colours contrast of the leaves
    Enchanter
    Draw what you see!....not what you think you see!!
    My artist friend

We Must each think of ourselves as an endless work in progress ....Harley Brown

Thanks so much!
    Lifetime learner

Dancing in the rains

Its raining here incessantly, tried to paint this little angel dancing all by herself in the rains. Many flaws technically I'm sure! Any good?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpeg 
Views:	136 
Size:	150.2 KB 
ID:	99421  
    Lifetime learner

Hi. Doc. The fact that you angel is 7foot tall. Doesn’t matter it’s the thought. And your enjoyment. In painting her and sharing with us to
    Enjoy. As well. As for colour. I which I had your flair. Congrats. CIAO. Ploos

Thanks so much sir, your kind words of encouragement would help me improve further!
    Lifetime learner

I love the spirit of it. I get the pure innocent joy of interaction with the world, come hell or high water as they say. In that way, the child will lead us.

If one is serious about their art, doing humans, how they depict them is a statement in itself. There's the subject and the action within the picture, but there's also the impact any distortion has as a way of spinning the interpretation of the moment. In a representational image, doing humans requires a care for accuracy, and if it doesn't conform to the normal look, it makes a point and colors the impression. If it's a process of personal expression like jotting a note in a journal, then anything goes. But that's more a personal thing, where the artist knows what they meant. Other viewers will have to deal with what they see relative to their own concept of accuracy or distortion. All depends on how you're regarding your art.

Anyway, a thought would be that if you're distorting, that you carry that distortion throughout. But doing so will require a lot more consideration than doing a standard painting because you will then need to consider all your imagery and how it all relates to the changes you superimpose. You could conceivably turn your distortion into a signature style.

Anyway, be that as it may, I love the idea of a little girl dancing in the rain in delight like a dance partner, contrary to what older, more sensible people would see nature as an opponent to keep at a distance. Then it boils down to how poetic one wants to be in presenting that theme.

"Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Thanks sir for your observations, even i knew it wasnt perfect! Shall try to draw better next time, thanks again!
    Lifetime learner

Corn cobs

Roasting corn cobs! Have tried to do the fire, ashes and smoke along with red reflections of fire on corn. Seeking sugestions from all please.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpeg 
Views:	122 
Size:	206.4 KB 
ID:	99499  
    Lifetime learner