Page 107 of 122 FirstFirst ... 75797105106107108109117 ... LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,070 of 1216

Thread: Drskmishra

Wow. I don't know what to say. Never tossed shucked ears of corn onto hot coals to cook so I haven't a clue what it's supposed to look like. But the theme certainly generates curiosity.

The coals look good and hot. I think what bothers me is the comparative size and direction of the corn's kernels and how much focus you give them.

There are different schools of thought on rows of things like trees in farmlands. There is the more naive stylization as seen in the 1930s muralist styles that are basically itemizing bounty or different elements in a theme like Farming or strength in a Nation. In that case they don't care about creating the illusion of a real moment like a photo would capture.

So if you're trying to make it look real, when you do tight rows of something going away into a distance you must consider that when it's closer you see between the items (kernels) and as it goes away from you you see more of the tops so that the in-between spaces fade because you're only seeing more of the tops. You don't have to outline every kernel in the same way. In fact, sometimes it's more of a relief to the eye to not have to itemize kernels like you're doing an inventory k-105, k-106, k-107. . .

Anyway, interesting jump to a very different subject. You seem to be doing heat well with your colors and values.
    Last edited by D Akey; 08-07-2020 at 03:31 AM.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Thanks sir for the suggestion, very important to learn. Saw a guy selling these roasted corn cobs in drizzling rains, quite fascinating. The glow of simmering coal was wonderful, thats where i got the idea!
    Lifetime learner

Rain drops

It's raining here in my part of the world, green leaves look beautiful! Have tried to do these leaves with rain drops. Have hazed out the background to give prominence to my leaves, seeking suggestions from all please.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpeg 
Views:	126 
Size:	152.5 KB 
ID:	99780  
    Lifetime learner

I think you're using layers very effectively with the blurred background.

So you're reveling in the rainy season inspiration. Makes me want to run out into the rain myself, especially since it's been so hot and dry here for far too long.

Keep up the great work!
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Thanks so much sir, your encouragement matters a lot to me!
    Lifetime learner

Coconut

Have tried it, shell, the fibres and shadows. Seeking suggestions from all please.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpeg 
Views:	123 
Size:	168.1 KB 
ID:	99899  
    Lifetime learner

Looks very edible, doctor.

One suggestion, when you have a rather textured surface turning into shadow, you can either paint everything in every shade to fill in what you know to be there, or you can simplify the texture to the eye and leave the major texture detail at the transition point from where light merges into dark.

This may be better when an object is less textured like the pitted skin of an orange or golf ball. But this being so hairy and scraggly may require you to render every strand.

That way it's easier on the viewer's eye as well as easier and more clever for the painter.

Anyway, looks good.

Indeed a very vital tip sir, shall keep in mind for future! Thanks sir! Been keeping rather busy with fever and cough patients who are mostly positive for the dreaded virus. Taking all precautions while dealing with these cases and so far I'm keeping well! Need a lot of good wishes from all! Thanks again sir!
    Lifetime learner

Quote Originally Posted by Drskmishra View Post
    Indeed a very vital tip sir, shall keep in mind for future! Thanks sir! Been keeping rather busy with fever and cough patients who are mostly positive for the dreaded virus. Taking all precautions while dealing with these cases and so far I'm keeping well! Need a lot of good wishes from all! Thanks again sir!
    Indeed, the best wishes to you and your patients. Be strong, doctor, and take all the necessary steps to keep yourself well. You have my sincere admiration.

Such beautiful paintings, all of them. Great techniques. Sending good wishes and success with you, family, and your patients during this time.