Page 104 of 122 FirstFirst ... 45494102103104105106114 ... LastLast
Results 1,031 to 1,040 of 1216

Thread: Drskmishra

Looks a bit unclear in your painted description of the elements. The only thing that's clear are the humans. Interesting psychological portrait of the times I would venture to say.

Regarding suggestions as food for thought, I would have two:

1. Don't taint all your colors with a muddy gray-brown. It's interestingly the color you chose to paint the people with. Right now it's almost like that is seeping into your entire palette. The story for me in this painting is that people are going to the water almost in a sacramental way to cleanse and to be reborn. And the ocean and the sky are trying to cleanse them but it's a big job.

2. The rocks have a lot of action to them and not a lot of point to the marks. Without seeing the original source image if one exists outside your head, I would suggest that you look at the shapes in terms of forms, and to clarify the planes in an attractive way, with light assisting your forms.

Sometimes paintings reflect things that are below the conscious level and this may be one of them. In addition, focusing on clarifying and keeping the colors sharp can reinforce optimism like an affirmation. Just a thought.

Stay safe and persevere in the world, doctor.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Thanks so much sir, both points valid and important, shall take next time! And yes, have started seeing patients now, taking all precautions. Good to see happiness on their faces!
    Lifetime learner

Tramcar

Have given this tramcar another try, a leisurely morning, shadows and all. Seeking suggestions from all please.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpeg 
Views:	135 
Size:	262.6 KB 
ID:	99154  
    Lifetime learner

A lot of good painting in this. I think your technique is rolling along just fine. But I think your drawing is getting closer to being right. There are some issues with perspective still and keeping the mechanics of the structures from interfering with the enjoyment of the painting by the viewer.

Probably a good hint to you as you plan your paintings is that when you have the landscape divided by an object like a tramcar car, make sure that all parts of the painting are consistent, left to right. The scale of the people on the street corner on the left doesn't feel quite in keeping with the scale on the right.

The other thing is the tramcar is vanishing way to abruptly compared with the environment.

Anyway, the painting stuff is nice. At this point the area to work on is structure.

Nice one. Lots of progress.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Indeed very useful suggestions sir, shall take them into account next time! Thanks!
    Lifetime learner

Yep I Like it and its good that you have come into Town maybe a hint of a Wheel showing and I think your view of the

crowd on the right looks ok being as there are closer to our view point then to the others on the other side of the Street

Thanks sir, for your kind observations!
    Lifetime learner

Crow in the rains

Its rainy season here, and birds are badly affected during this time. Have tried to depict this crow waiting for the rains to stop, any good? Seeking suggestions from all please.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpeg 
Views:	175 
Size:	160.0 KB 
ID:	99206  
    Lifetime learner

As to the paint technique and communication level: I'm impressed with your skills. It's staged well. It makes a point, and the paint technique does not interfere with the message and it's actually quite aesthetically pleasing on several levels. As heavy as the message is, it's a beautiful painting in that it very much communicates. You're hooking up the mind with the hands almost like a singer-songwriter telling his tale. You're moving past the mechanical challenges even though technique is always something to keep practicing. But you're hitting the bulls eye.

Nice humanistic self-portrait, Doctor. It deserves a place in your office along side your diplomas.

Thanks so much sir, your observations are very very encouraging! Look forward to more of them in future too! Thanks again sir!
    Lifetime learner