Page 49 of 122 FirstFirst ... 3947484950515999 ... LastLast

Thread: Drskmishra

Good job including more black in the deep shadows. One of your weakest points - in my humble opinion - was the lack of truly dark shadows. Something you seem to have rectified.

I - on the other hand - use way too much black in my paintings, and hope I will be as succesful as you in bettering myself, but in reverse, and reduce the amount of black I use, creating lighter paintings.

Thanks, I have a long way ahead of me. But with well wishers like you, I hope to improve slowly.
    Lifetime learner

I love the variety you've assembled. They are all handled in a similar style yet it has differentiated qualities each according their nature.

Really good stuff. Like a rhyming poem recited with a very clear, personal voice.

"Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Thanks, sir for all the support.
    Lifetime learner

Landscape

Still learning, highlights and details. Seeking suggestions from all please.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpeg 
Views:	161 
Size:	360.8 KB 
ID:	90733  
    Lifetime learner

Well, assuming you want to go naturalistic as opposed to stylized, you may want to not be so even with your daubing highlights. It becomes a bit like a wallpaper pattern as opposed to something descriptive of nature which is quite varied. On the other hand, if you want to pursue a style of your own, then ignore what I said and run to that end. People do paint like that after all and come up with some fun stuff to look at.

Keep painting!

"Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Thanks, sir, as of now I'm just trying my hands on everything! It will be a long while before I develop something of my own, long way ahead, I'm still a toddler I know!
    Lifetime learner

More Landscape

Keep painting, everyone says, so here I am again. Seeking more suggestions from all please.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpeg 
Views:	189 
Size:	344.0 KB 
ID:	90793  
    Lifetime learner

What can I say? You're no more a Newcomer anymore since long time, dear mate! LOL
    Time to start a new thread, maybe.
    Senior and Master Member I'd say .....
    Excellent new additions! :
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Sir, please do not embarrass me, I may not be a newcomer any more, but a toddler in painting skills! But yes, your kind words have encouraged me no end, many thanks for it.
    Lifetime learner