Page 68 of 122 FirstFirst ... 1858666768697078118 ... LastLast

Thread: Drskmishra

Landscape

Thanks sir, posting yet another landscape with some more details, trying to learn more intricacies. Seek suggestions from all please!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpeg 
Views:	135 
Size:	209.0 KB 
ID:	95912  
    Lifetime learner

Really nice range of colors. The variations enhance the dynamics that allow one to linger on an area of the painting for a time wherein it feels more conversational as opposed to a quick sketch making it feel like a quick comment. This feels like there's more to hang on to and to be drawn in by.

Yes, you'll find what kind of strokes work best for whichever effect you're after. That will come. But you're really on your way. I love what's happening in here and where you're heading with painting.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

I am really on my way, thanks for your kind words, sir!
    Lifetime learner

The lake

Have tried to do some more detailing, looking forward to suggestions from all please.

Views:	160 
Size:	213.1 KB 
ID:	95979  
    Lifetime learner

What I find most intriguing is the way you mushed the paint around in the sky and water. It's creating some interesting new flavors. I really like this painting. Got an interesting visual vocabulary happening along with some good color choices. Nice stuff.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Thanks so much sir, I'm greatly motivated!
    Lifetime learner

More success. Beautiful strokes, palette...love them!

Thanks ma'm for your kind words.
    Lifetime learner

Landscape, mountains

Practicing more of mountains, blocking and trying to gain more confidence in strokes. Getting anywhere? Suggestions please.

Views:	165 
Size:	275.7 KB 
ID:	96009  
    Lifetime learner

Keep going and experimenting. I'm not real clear what you were intending when you changed to such a choppy technique. There's a whole lot of contrast from stroke to stroke which thus separates the strokes rather than creating a relationship among them. I don't see what's holding them together in masses that relate to a hillside area etc. It doesn't feel dimensional as a representation of a subject. It becomes more about scatterings of marks.

If you want to explore that randomness, like morse code dots and dashes, then you'll need someone who knows morse code to make sense of it. Or, you have to make the areas really interesting unto themselves with more interesting use of color or varieties of shapes or something where the sense of it is more apparent.

If you're going to become very experimental, then you will have to rely for a while on your own vision and not care about big audiences relating for about 20 years when they can finally see what you're doing as is the case with many innovators. Right now, all I can do is step back and watch what you're doing.