Page 3 of 122 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Drskmishra

Quote Originally Posted by Drskmishra View Post
    Sir, indeed valid points. Possibly flowers could have been brought closer to the foreground or more such flowers could have been brought in the frame. Possibly I got carried away by the beauty of these flowers, it's sheer delight to watch the skyline peppered with these red dots atop tall trees with hardly any foliage. Nonetheless, my work is worth your comments, and that's quite heartening. Thanks sir again.
    You speak with the sensitivity of a poet and that suggests you will continue to bring that voice to your paintings too with more and more articulation and experience. Glad you found painting. I believe it will suit you very well as the things you can say with it are infinite. And beauty is welcome if not needed in the world. Bravo!
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Quote Originally Posted by Rachelle View Post
    I love the vibrant colors!
    Especially in this last piece, where your composition is bold too, which is consistant with your bold strong colors.

It's very pleasant already, and I'm looking forward to see more as you evolve in your explorations. D Akey's generous pointers might assist in sparking more discoveries (I'm gonna profit from those pointers too!)
    Thanks for your observations, shall try to improve more.

I might sound like an echo because those vibrant colours appeal to me too. ArtRage is a place where we learn from each other. I will also learn from Mr.Akey's reply to you, so thank you for that.
    June.

Oh God of homeless things, look down
    And try to ease the way
    Of all the little weary paws
    That walk the world
    today.
    -
    Unknown.

http://enug66.deviantart.com/gallery/

[My setup: hp 15in laptop,11th Gen Intel Core i7-1165G7 @ 2.80GHz 2.70 GHz, 8.00 GB RAM, 24in Acer 2nd monitor, Huion Kamvas 20 Pro display tablet, Windows 11, ArtRage Vitae.
    My painting real-estate is extended across three monitors.]

Quote Originally Posted by D Akey View Post
    You speak with the sensitivity of a poet and that suggests you will continue to bring that voice to your paintings too with more and more articulation and experience. Glad you found painting. I believe it will suit you very well as the things you can say with it are infinite. And beauty is welcome if not needed in the world. Bravo!
    Sir, I am back again with more of these flowers and even more of your suggestions. Any better this time?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	316 
Size:	417.8 KB 
ID:	85474  

Cheers and welcome aboard. I'm enjoying your posts and look forward to more....

Quote Originally Posted by kenmo View Post
    Cheers and welcome aboard. I'm enjoying your posts and look forward to more....
    Thanks for being kind to my work.

Yes. Looks good! I can see what you're doing with your design and it's headed in a good direction. I get the feeling of joy in Nature. You're filling the space with variety. All good.

You may at some point want to begin also working on your brush control as well so you have more variations in your 'bag of tricks'.

Here's yet another idea to add to what you're already managing. I believe a strategy wherein you think in terms of large masses of shape and related color and values that you subdivide will help you get a handle on a whole bunch of different compositional ideas. It will simplify your strategy. And then when you have your large areas placed, you can then go in and add some articulation and details and thus bring them into a fullness.

Here are some compositions that are very clear. They're doing different types of paintings than you are here. But it may help you see how the space of the canvas can be divided up -- for the sake of discussion and an illustration of what might be something to consider.

There are a lot of things happening and I don't want to overwhelm you with this and that. But looking at paintings and lingering and wandering through them is pleasing as a viewer. And as a painter, the artists are speaking to you about what they are doing and how they are achieving the things they want you to see. Notice the areas within the painting. See only that.

Try not to look at the details right away. And then, once you get the full impact of the setting, you can then begin to break it down into details.

https://www.google.com/search?tbm=is...ed=0CAkQ9C8wAA

Good job! Keep going! Enjoy the walk through your forest. It's a lovely journey.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Quote Originally Posted by D Akey View Post
    Yes. Looks good! I can see what you're doing with your design and it's headed in a good direction. I get the feeling of joy in Nature. You're filling the space with variety. All good.

You may at some point want to begin also working on your brush control as well so you have more variations in your 'bag of tricks'.

Here's yet another idea to add to what you're already managing. I believe a strategy wherein you think in terms of large masses of shape and related color and values that you subdivide will help you get a handle on a whole bunch of different compositional ideas. It will simplify your strategy. And then when you have your large areas placed, you can then go in and add some articulation and details and thus bring them into a fullness.

Here are some compositions that are very clear. They're doing different types of paintings than you are here. But it may help you see how the space of the canvas can be divided up -- for the sake of discussion and an illustration of what might be something to consider.

There are a lot of things happening and I don't want to overwhelm you with this and that. But looking at paintings and lingering and wandering through them is pleasing as a viewer. And as a painter, the artists are speaking to you about what they are doing and how they are achieving the things they want you to see. Notice the areas within the painting. See only that.

Try not to look at the details right away. And then, once you get the full impact of the setting, you can then begin to break it down into details.

https://www.google.com/search?tbm=is...ed=0CAkQ9C8wAA

Good job! Keep going! Enjoy the walk through your forest. It's a lovely journey.
    Sir, thanks again for your suggestions. Went to the link and found a lot to read and assimilate. Will take time to go through. Subdividing the frame is what I need to implement. Control of brushes is something I have to learn. Painting foliage with wide comb like brush is a challenge, how do you do it in Artrage? Thanks once again for looking at my unprofessional stuff!

You go on pretty well working with Your bright, lovely palette!
    Now you may possibly excercise also more on tones and composition too so as to add volumes and depth to Your colorful outcomes.
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Cool Nice !

This is so nice ! Thanks !