Page 16 of 122 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666116 ... LastLast

Thread: Drskmishra

Got your point, sir. Have to go a long way, I'm sure. Thanks for your observations.

Looking good! You have a sense of color and a range of values that you're comfortable working in. And it's a pleasure watching you. It's as if you're walking through a land of color and soaking in the sensual pleasure of the various colors as you come upon them. It can be intoxicating and beautiful. And you communicate that very well.

Well done!

"Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

I see Your artpieces getting richer and richer in their palette, colors, arrangements and brushstrokes variety. Very well!
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

I'm honored. Shall keep learning through your observations and suggestions, thanks again.

You are getting along very well, your colors are vibrant and pleasant to look at

I'm enjoying your art very much, your style is interesting. All I can do now is watch and see your growth, for almost everything that can be learned has been touched on in this thread at some point, one's interpretation and application of the fundamentals is always unique to the artist. From here forward it's mostly an analysis of your own work as you see it and refining what you want to do.

I suggest making a list of priorities for yourself to have near you while you paint. Mine are:

Shapes?
    Colors?
    Proportions?
    Values?
    Details?

Everyone's priorities are different, mine reflect the way I see, and applying that to how I paint lets me communicate what I'm responding to somewhat eloquently. Values and proportions are far later in my priorities than many other peoples. These priorities have a lot of complexity and have me ask a lot of other questions while painting, there are some other good priority lists I've seen from a few other artists in my time (even if they didn't think of them in this way).

Good luck, keep up the good work.

Thanks for all your suggestions. I'm feeling more confident now. Hope to improvise more and more in times to come.

Learning to paint reflections. Suggestions for improvements from all please.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	174 
Size:	167.5 KB 
ID:	86600  

As a general suggestion, if You wish to follow some sort of simple procedure, I'd say that You should look at:
    1. first the composition path and tonal scheme (black and white/ max 5 tones sketch) to check if You like it and it keeps the observer into the painting more or less dynamically and if suggests a depth
    2. second You should select some kind or palette out of a selected basic chromatic scheme for color harmony (also called gamut, there are a few standard ones in case) and apply it according to the previous tones and check if it works too.

The rest is "just" painting the full size, detailed painting ... remind that usually right tones are more important than right colors.
    Best wishes!
    Last edited by Caesar; 05-22-2015 at 09:04 PM.
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Sir, thanks for the basic tips.