Page 15 of 122 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565115 ... LastLast

Thread: Drskmishra

Looks to me like you have the idea pretty well for the reflections. I like all the exploration of your tools that you are doing, it's one of the best ways to learn your tools. Great job, just keep at it, more than anything from here forward it is all about asking yourself more questions than us and taking it to the finish you are looking for, I feel fairly certain all the major issues of perspective, color, and form have been touched on at this point. It's all about finding the look you like and seeing your work with your own eyes now. Everyone likes different things in their works, knowing what you like will make it much easier to know what you need to work on, and most of it should be evident to yourself if you ask the right questions.

I suggest making a list of questions based on your likes and then asking if you've met those, if you can't figure out how to achieve the answer then asking how to achieve that effect or if you are achieving it to others will prove very useful. Oftentimes when I ask for input I will ask for it about a specific aspect of my painting, like "Are the values working to push the eye towards my focal point?", getting an answer to that question is far more useful to me than any general information.

Edit: Example of list of questions to ask oneself: Is the perspective right? Is the pattern of light and shadow directing the eye where I want? Is the color contrasts and saturations providing the proper focal points and interests? Is the mood being represented in the way I want?

These are all just choices, the more aware you are of what choices you are making the better your results tend to be. Also knowing your tendencies often helps with understanding what you can do to help yourself.

Good luck, keep up the great work!
    Last edited by Delofasht; 05-05-2015 at 07:00 AM.

I like very much Your fluid, liquid, loose new explorations. Colors flow freely and richly outside firm boundaries in such a lovely way .....
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Thanks both of you, my honor that you take time to look at my attempts so carefully and come out with suggestions. Shall continue to work for better, thanks again.

Very big jump ahead! Well done you!

Yeah, I can see how things have taken more form as a result of you having ideas where to go to get the effect you want. Now please figure out how to get some rain over here where I live! Your picture is the closest I've gotten to rain in some time.

I like the atmosphere and how you have things going into the distance. The linear perspective is alright. Not perfect, but for this kind of painting it's forgivable because precise mechanical correctness is not a key to the painting.

My suggestion is to be mindful of your relative scale for the elements you included. For example, the figures dwarf some of the vehicles. Again it's not bad, because it has a somewhat impressionistic flavor and it feels like speed was a feature in getting the image down. Whether it was or not is immaterial because that's the impression it gives.

I would also consider your light sources and perhaps when you are farther along you can play with lighting where the light sources are the brightest and the light emanates out from those lights. So those really tall lamp posts might be brighter. But again it's not offensive because it fits with the overall look. And we get the general idea of what's going on in the scene pretty effectively.

So you should be very pleased with what you did. I will repeat that it is a vast improvement. You have a lot of things going on and most of them are working rather well. So Bravo!

"Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Sir, thanks for all the kind words, looks like I'm still on the tracks! All the improvements are because of encouragement from people like you. Thanks again.

Following the sunbeam, have tried to blend colors more sensibly and highlighted the leaves as appropriate along the way. Suggestions from all please.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	213 
Size:	223.4 KB 
ID:	86462  

Last picture is a really masterwork of art!!!
    Congratulations!!!!!
    Go ahead with your paintings...
    Regards from Chile
    "El arte no reproduce lo visible. Lo hace visible" Paul Klee

After some gap, back again with a couple of new ones. Tried cityscape and close up of oranges. Many flaws I'm sure but please go ahead and suggest.

Views:	199 
Size:	191.1 KB 
ID:	86554   Click image for larger version. 

Views:	217 
Size:	286.6 KB 
ID:	86555  

Tree. Please suggest improvements.

Views:	207 
Size:	327.6 KB 
ID:	86577  

Great work Drskmishra!

Look at the image on post #133. Notice the yellow umbrella in that picture? My eye was drawn to that umbrella and it gave me a focal point to look at. With your latest effort, my eye is drawn to the vibrant color of the grass in the middle of the picture behind the tree, and because of that; for me, that is not as good as post #133. I think that is what Delofasht was trying to convey to you. The value of the colors throughout the entire picture have to co-exist otherwise your eye is drawn to the out of place color and not focusing on your wonderful tree!

I am a total noob at this painting stuff! My goals right now are to match the colors of my paintings to the image I am painting. Usually a photograph. I will use the color dropper and a reference image to get my colors right on the money. It is to much for me right now to focus on painting technique, perspectives, brush strokes, values, colors, blending, yada, yada, yada! If I can take color out of the equation and just focus on the rest then the color selections will come with time.

Your opinion may vary...