Page 117 of 122 FirstFirst ... 1767107115116117118119 ... LastLast
Results 1,161 to 1,170 of 1216

Thread: Drskmishra

Sill life, grapes

Have given it a try, shadows and all. The grey coating over grapes was a challange indeed! Any good?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpeg 
Views:	84 
Size:	142.8 KB 
ID:	101758  
    Lifetime learner

Wow, they look so real an excellent job.

Thanks so much sir, very encouraging words!
    Lifetime learner

Looks quite nice! I love how you've used the subtle but appealing brushwork in the wall and table. Gives it some additional interest. The grapes are your best yet. Your skill in local color, translucency, reflected accented light, roundness of the fruit and so forth has developed since you first tried some time back.

The bowl's shape looks more American football shaped as opposed to round since you mirrored the pinching ends left and right.

Only suggestion at this point is that because your wall is so smooth and interesting with subtle color variations, I would do likewise throughout in general but the bowl in this painting by putting in variations of color with some brush type blending. Just so it looks like it carries the same kind of sensibility throughout the painting, like it has the same kind of artistic expertise to paint everything. As it is it's fine, but approaching it this way would take it that much farther.

But this is really nice, Doctor.

Keep up the great work and hope you're staying well and you all are getting supplies in greater abundance to fight the virus.

Last edited by D Akey; 06-19-2021 at 07:54 AM.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Thanks so much for all the kind words sir! Been observing paintings and pictures intently to understand details of colours and shadows, looks like its paying dividends! And yes, the number of Covid patients has come down substantially. Vaccinations are on, and like everywhere else, vaccine hesitancy is proving out to be a big challange. In a daylong session we vaccinate 150 to 160 persons, that includes online data entry, history taking, vaccination and mandatory 30 min of close observation. Pretty slow, but silently we are carrying on the long and tedious assignment. Thanks again sir for your good wishes!
    Lifetime learner

Rose bud

Given it a try with some detailing and shadows, some raindrops added in the end! Seeking suggestions from all please.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Lifetime learner

It's nice but I don't know the flower well enough to compare this to the nature of the flower. It has something of a dried flower look to my eye in that it doesn't feel like it's unfolding. The edges seem to have lost their connection to each other to my quick look.

Anyway keep up the good work. There's some nice painting happening. And stay healthy, doctor!

"Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Thanks for your observation sir, its raining here and the flowers are not blooming like normal times! And sir, health is good, the vaccine seems to be working
    Lifetime learner

Walking in the rains

Tried to do this again, ill defined lines and minimal shadows to depict heavy rains. Of course perspective doesnt appear perfect! Any good? Seeking suggetions from all please.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Lifetime learner

Looks great to me. I can't tell if she's casual or elegant but that adds an enigmatic element of mystery. So I'm responding to the overall impression rather than technique. But I feel there's something almost like a goddess who's slumming, and in disguise among the humans. So bravo. You've taken and created a story rather than a post card shot of a scene.

Nice one!

Last edited by D Akey; 07-15-2021 at 06:28 PM.