Page 116 of 122 FirstFirst ... 1666106114115116117118 ... LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,160 of 1216

Thread: Drskmishra

Thanks for the encouragement!
    Lifetime learner

Train

Have given it a try, colours of fall, shadows and good old steam train. Seeking suggestions from all please.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpeg 
Views:	91 
Size:	225.5 KB 
ID:	101656  
    Lifetime learner

Good that you took on simpler perspective and that you worked it into forest type things that you're doing well for a couple reasons. It's nice to look at, and there's only one notable problem with the perspective, which means you don't have to get 100 other things also correct. This is a very digestible fix.

The cross ties of the track are not conforming to a unified vanishing point that works with the base of the train. What makes it feel a bit off to me is that it's possible that the photo you were working from (assuming you were because of the problem) was likely shot with a wide angle camera lens thus creating an unnatural distortion that probably works in the photo because we tend to not question it, but it shows up in a painting where not every detail follows that distorted sensibility.

I don't know if I'm right about why it looks that way, but to my eye, it looks like the railroad ties are indicating that the tracks are leaning at an upward angle that the train is not aligning with. There's a slightly complicated way to plot such things, but if I were doing it freehand to work to my eye, I would stretch the vanishing point way farther away to the right and adjust the angle of the ties to where it generally should go. (an easy way might be to copy the tracks as they are and just distort the angle to see how it looks to you now that you've had some time away from the painting to see it more clearly.

If you do it on a new layer just to see if you can get the angle better, it would make a nice experiment for you and not damage this painting. But if you like what you do you can simply keep the new layer covering the old tracks.

Oh, just an addendum: I could be wrong, you know. So you have to decide how it sits with your eye.

Hope that makes sense. But this painting has only the one issue. Everything else is looking quite painterly and nice.

Great effort and you're like that determined locomotive driving along that track, so to pass through this forest you can make the tracks perfect without too much difficulty. Stay well, doctor!

Good one.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Thanks so much sir, for the observation! Indeed the tracks are appearing odd in relation to the locomotive, suddenly sloping down! Honestly, I didnt have a look after i finished it, else I could have corrected it, since i had no reference photo to paint from. I'm keeping well, the dispensary would open shortly after the mandatory lockdown, hope to start the work again, thanks again sir!
    Lifetime learner

Market place

Have given it a try again. Street view with more refinement on perspective, evening shadows and a feel of small town market, any better? Seek opinion and suggestions from all please.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpeg 
Views:	91 
Size:	203.6 KB 
ID:	101685  
    Last edited by Drskmishra; 05-20-2021 at 04:14 PM. Reason: More detailing done
    Lifetime learner

That looks great! Feels consistent in the perspective you've chosen to impose onto the scene. Big jump on that level, and look how well the looseness of the strokes play when the perspective is right. Bravo. Another big leap forward.

Keep up the great work!

"Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Oh, really? Thanks so much sir for those kind words! Shall keep learning, thanks again sir!
    Lifetime learner

Fantástic paintings you are a great artist
    Visit my website here

Thanks for the encouragement , I'm just a learner!
    Lifetime learner