Page 102 of 122 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102103104112 ... LastLast
Results 1,011 to 1,020 of 1216

Thread: Drskmishra

Thanks sir, for expaining all the fine points! The floating one did need anchoring, but i thought the bright light from the side would cover it. Also i tried to visualise an end on view for it, big on front and gradually narrowing backwards, but I guess I have to practise it more. There was no reference photo, I just sketched them all first, but I needed to have shadows in place right then perhaps. Thanks again sir!
    Lifetime learner

Countryside

Learning to do shadows, done this countryside with some vegetations and people whiling away time doing nothing! Perhaps some bullockcarts would have added to the story, but lost patience! Any suggestions?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpeg 
Views:	138 
Size:	273.4 KB 
ID:	99034  
    Lifetime learner

Really great brushwork and paint mixing. Exciting.

I think the inconsistent part is the palms. I don't know that the trees actually look like where you are, but I would recommend that you at least in part make them more shaped and less stringy. It would be more consistent with the rest of the painting. Right now the way you painted them stands apart and draws attention to a weaker part of the painting, almost like you got derailed in your sensibility that you so consistently worked in the other areas.

I love the sand. Love the vegetation (other than the palms), love the sky, the building in the distance. All that is really great. I especially love how you've accented the color to add spice to the areas with slight variations. I can wander though the canvas and linger in places, delighted with the craft.

I'm also not real sure about figures in the picture. They may be figures, they may be the scruffy bark that falls around palm trees.

Would behoove you to practice a little how to translate various objects into the style of whatever painting you're doing so everything shares the same vision -- just to complete the mastery. These are getting into the excellent category, so you want to make every mark excellent.

I'm impressed at how far you've come. Something clicked along the way and you're on a higher plateau.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Thanks for all the minute observations sir. The palm trees look bigger and have crowded the canvas, I agree. Human figures are random, but some more of them could have been added, doing different things. Perhaps I was concentrating more on sand and shadows. All you points are well taken sir, l shall try to improve on all of them, thanks again sir!
    Lifetime learner

Go with green

My city sees end of lockdown today, with lots of conditions attached! So i have tried to depict it through this traffic light going green and the bird atop signifying hope. I blurred the buildings behind deliberately to make the light prominent. Any good? Seeking suggestions from all please.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpeg 
Views:	166 
Size:	154.3 KB 
ID:	99039  
    Lifetime learner

I'm not qualified to give suggestions but I do like the painting and can appreciate the symbolisom. Fortunately, we did not have to endure lockdown but our State borders are still closed.
    June.

Oh God of homeless things, look down
    And try to ease the way
    Of all the little weary paws
    That walk the world
    today.
    -
    Unknown.

http://enug66.deviantart.com/gallery/

[My setup: hp 15in laptop,11th Gen Intel Core i7-1165G7 @ 2.80GHz 2.70 GHz, 8.00 GB RAM, 24in Acer 2nd monitor, Huion Kamvas 20 Pro display tablet, Windows 11, ArtRage Vitae.
    My painting real-estate is extended across three monitors.]

Thanks for your kind words!
    Lifetime learner

Hi you Artists, Hello Drskmishra!

I like this painting too. Verry interesting contrast between the rough painting in the foreground and the blurred background. But I have to confess, that I wouldn't have interpreted the bird as a sign of hope, without your explaination. Even the upright posture of the bird may seem to suggest something like that, but it looks a little more like a crow or another scavening bird. So it's a much darker symbol to me. Anyway, it makes sense.

Thanks so much for finding my work worth having a look! I just wanted to show that the desolate streets would now slowly come to life. Thanks again!
    Lifetime learner

That's absolutely okay. As I said: I really like it. Just wanted to show up a little different point of view, that might be just my personal one.