Page 101 of 122 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 1216

Thread: Drskmishra

If one is locked down and stiffening up, I strongly advise that you switch to "dancing shoes" and free your soul. Put on two and call me in the morning.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

hahaha, I guess you are right sir! The lockdown is almost two months now and still it looks far from over. Have been doing eConsultations through a govt run telemedicine portal, and hoping that someday everything will be normal.
    Lifetime learner

Solitude

Have tried to do the rocks, bushes and a stream with appropriate shadows and reflections. And of course a couple lazing on the bank, any good? Seek suggestions from all please.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpeg 
Views:	153 
Size:	243.4 KB 
ID:	99000  
    Lifetime learner

Looks great to me! If we're been told to shelter in place, this seems like a great spot to do it.

Love all the stuff going on. Nice brushwork. Good colors, etc.

Well done.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Thanks sir! These grey rocks are typical of my locality, alonwith green forests. Beautiful climate all round the year, I'm fortunate that way!
    Lifetime learner

Preparing to land

View from aircraft before landing, always found it fascinating. The field, green patches, small houses, a pond and a river making its way through, all disappearing in distance ahead. Any good?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpeg 
Views:	189 
Size:	232.9 KB 
ID:	99004  
    Lifetime learner

This one is really a great look at your dividing the canvas up into sections and painting with careful color mixing. Plus, it holds a very good representation of space and how the land lays. I like it very much. I feel like I should be looking for a place to land. Really nice how you straddle two worlds: the painterly and the subject being depicted.

You should be well pleased with this.

Oh, thanks so much sir! I just experimented and seems it worked. Great encouragement for me, thanks again, sir!
    Lifetime learner

Lipsticks

Painted them, as these have been literally MASKED by corona virus in present times! Any good? Suggestions from all please.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Lifetime learner

Generally good. You're getting better on your ellipses. Still not perfect, but it's not too bad seeing the painterly quality of the overall style. That gives you some wiggle room.

Be that as it may, the painting is pretty nice actually. I'm not crazy about the one on its side with the bluish base. I would put a little shadow to the right of it just to keep it anchored and identify the proximity to the ground plane. Even if it didn't show anything in the photo reference, you have to invent things to make it read well whereas few people would question a photograph unless it was really weird. Now it looks like it's floating so a little shadow would help. Plus the structural shape of that item is getting a little lost.

I just noticed upon second look that there seems to be an item on its side between the two vertical ones. It's supposed to be leaning away and down. But where you put the shadow on the backdrop doesn't seem to give it enough space. The backing looks very close to the lipstick so it doesn't seem to have space for the angle you have it at. Am I missing something?

Overall, I'm impressed with how you make the cylindrical shapes work. Very good that. Also you're getting a sort of metallic or plastic feel to the holders with your painterly approach and that's a very good sign that you're expanding your visual vocabulary in this style.

Good stuff.
    Last edited by D Akey; 05-23-2020 at 04:05 AM.