Page 10 of 122 FirstFirst ... 891011122060110 ... LastLast

Thread: Drskmishra

Back again, with daybreak. Suggestions from learned artists please.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	213 
Size:	340.1 KB 
ID:	86124  

I love this one, the value distribution of darker colors in the foreground to lighter colors in the background are nice, the style is simple yet effective, there isn't anything I don't like about it! Great job!

Really nice. The saturation works all the way around for me in this one. And I personally very much like the complement between the soft focus tone, as a background for the sharp pattern-like detail of the leaves, which are like color flecks, as well as the long lines of the tree trunks in the foreground and transitioning into the middle ground. It seems to imply a lot of depth that the detailed areas will be continued deep into the scene's background. There's just enough detail along the path to lead us into the setting.

So there's a lot of very pleasing balance in this one. Well done!

"Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

My gratitude to both of you for evaluating my paintings and coming out with valuable suggestions. I don't use any reference pics, just imagine and paint, and that may probably explain absence of any specific theme in any of them. But I enjoy painting and try to improvise on them every time. Just keep guiding me!

Posting my raindrops, suggestions please.

Views:	223 
Size:	258.7 KB 
ID:	86136  

You're climbing nose-up while keeping Your style. An impressive learning curve indeed. You may put aside the term newcomer applied to You now ....
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Quote Originally Posted by Caesar View Post
    You're climbing nose-up while keeping Your style. An impressive learning curve indeed. You may put aside the term newcomer applied to You now ....
    Thanks, sir, for the encouragement.

Hills of Jharkhand, new foliage appear at this time of the year, very bright and colorful. Trying to improve on highlights. Suggestions please.

Hills of Jharkhand, new foliage appear at this time of the year, very bright and colorful. Trying to improve on highlights. Suggestions please.

Views:	243 
Size:	376.1 KB 
ID:	86159  
    Last edited by Drskmishra; 04-12-2015 at 12:05 AM.

Really excellent job on those rocks!

The highlights on the rocks read very well, some of that could be translated to the foreground trees as well, giving them more form will in turn make the entire image feel more unified, I would very sparsely highlight a few leaves in the 2 closest trees at the very tops and to the left or darken the value of the two trees very subtly except in very select areas. Also the saturation of your background and midground elements are very similar which is flattening the image a bit, the size of the trees tells us there is a difference in space, but their actual value (how light or dark) and saturation (how intense the color seems to be) are so close to the same that it's hard for the eye to tell the difference between the two spaces.

Still though, wow those rocks!

Sorry I don't have much for you on the raindrops, macro paintings are a bit more difficult to make in my opinion as we can't just use atmosphere and value and saturation tricks to create space, it's all reflection and distortion of color and light from the raindrops and that's so tricky both to paint from reference or imagination that I couldn't begin to try to explain it.

Edit: I realize this is actually a lot of information, if you'd like I can post a paint over with the changes made, and even the individual layers if you'd like to know how to do it in the future to images you've already made.

- Delo
    Last edited by Delofasht; 04-12-2015 at 02:08 AM.