Page 1 of 122 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Drskmishra

Drskmishra

An amateur by confession, never formally trained, have been trying artrage for sometime. Submitting my first attempt. Honest opinions from learned artists.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	588 
Size:	402.1 KB 
ID:	85298  
    Last edited by Drskmishra; 12-18-2020 at 02:41 AM.

Un excelente inicio.
    Bienvenido al foro, y esperamos más trabajos estimado(a) Drskmishra...
    ¿Qué recursos has usado acá?

An excellent start.
    Welcome to the forum, and we expect most works dear Drskmishra ...
    Which tools you have used here?
    Regards from Chile
    "El arte no reproduce lo visible. Lo hace visible" Paul Klee

There are a lot of really nice things going on here. Nice use of light and dark, nice understanding of shadows and highlights. Your color blending looks natural and well done.
    Last edited by jmac; 01-30-2015 at 06:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by damasocl View Post
    Un excelente inicio.
    Bienvenido al foro, y esperamos más trabajos estimado(a) Drskmishra...
    ¿Qué recursos has usado acá?

An excellent start.
    Welcome to the forum, and we expect most works dear Drskmishra ...
    Which tools you have used here?
    Sir, I used oil brush, palette knife, crayons and occasional mark pens. Tried water color, but don't know how to mix colors by dripping down in artrage.

Quote Originally Posted by jmac View Post
    There is a lot of really nice things going on here. Nice use of light and dark, nice understanding of shadows and highlights. Your color blending looks natural and well done.
    Sir, thanks for appreciations. Shall keep trying.

I really like this, it's so effective and vibrant.

Thanks for the encouragement, shall try for better.

This is a very nice painting. I'm rather hesitant to critique your work since I don't know where you're heading. As has been mentioned there are a lot of very nice things about it. And there are styles that exist similar to this, so it could be just how you like it. And that's great. It reminds me of early-mid century American illustration among some artists.

Were I to make a suggestion, the thing that jumps out at me is the angularity of the composition. It makes this potentially organic image appear somewhat divided into blocks of color. Again, not a problem, if that's what you're exploring. But if you want to get a little more suppleness into it, You might want to introduce more curves into the composition. Also the areas of transition are given roughly the same amount of value and chromatic jump. So, if that seems interesting to you to look at, you may want to begin stretching your visual vocabulary to include, for example, sweeping areas of wash and spontaneity and then going back in and pulling out some accents -- adding trunks and so forth.

These are merely suggestions as a way to vary what you already have going on. Which is very nice.

Very happy to see you joining us.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Welcome! I see You already feel pretty confident with this software. Nice start!
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Quote Originally Posted by D Akey View Post
    This is a very nice painting. I'm rather hesitant to critique your work since I don't know where you're heading. As has been mentioned there are a lot of very nice things about it. And there are styles that exist similar to this, so it could be just how you like it. And that's great. It reminds me of early-mid century American illustration among some artists.

Were I to make a suggestion, the thing that jumps out at me is the angularity of the composition. It makes this potentially organic image appear somewhat divided into blocks of color. Again, not a problem, if that's what you're exploring. But if you want to get a little more suppleness into it, You might want to introduce more curves into the composition. Also the areas of transition are given roughly the same amount of value and chromatic jump. So, if that seems interesting to you to look at, you may want to begin stretching your visual vocabulary to include, for example, sweeping areas of wash and spontaneity and then going back in and pulling out some accents -- adding trunks and so forth.

These are merely suggestions as a way to vary what you already have going on. Which is very nice.

Very happy to see you joining us.
    Sir, valuable suggestions, indeed, esp about the different blocks of color. Shall try to address it next time.