Page 111 of 122 FirstFirst ... 1161101109110111112113121 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,110 of 1216

Thread: Drskmishra

Good stuff.

My technical note is on the perspective. Most notable is that the ellipses don't follow the perspective. The most glaring is the base of the glass which you have as a straight line as if the eye level is right at that level. But as you can see from the planks of the wood table that the eye level's much higher.

When you're doing something as mechanical as a glass, mechanics or perspective are an issue. You can get away with a lot when doing organic subjects as with your snow, which looks fine. But it's a bit more ambiguous. In the case of a glass of beer perspective is a big feature.

You did better on the ellipses in the upper part of the glass with the head of the beer and so on.

As to the textures, it works nicely. It's feeling wet and frothy. The reflections on the smooth glass has a different character than the wet foam, which is different from the amber beer. All that is nice. As to the wood grain, it looks like you weren't paying much attention to it and quickly knocked in some lines like a mental note that there's grain there.

Anyway, as experiments and stretching into new subjects, this is pretty cool. Nice foray into the lesser known. It's a bit amusing to me in that there is an old advertising slogan for Miller Beer: When it's time to relax. . . If you've got the time, we've got the beer.

Looks like you had the time and produced the beer.

Well done.

"Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Very true sir, perspective needs a lot of attention. Wood patterns too need refinement. I guess i was more into getting the froth right, after all beer is about froth, lest it should get flat! Shall work on your suggestions, thanks sir! Next few weeks are going to keep me busy, we are rolling out vaccination soon, hope all goes well!
    Lifetime learner

Quote Originally Posted by Drskmishra View Post
    . . . Next few weeks are going to keep me busy, we are rolling out vaccination soon, hope all goes well!
    From your mouth to God's ear. I have great hope this vaccination will arrest this virus. And I also hope that you, as a front line health care worker (hero), are to receive it in working form early so you can make sure it's managed well for everyone.

Blessings to you and all those involved!

"Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Mountains and the stream

Have given it a try again, concentrating on shadows, reflections, colours and more details, seeking suggestions from all please.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpeg 
Views:	110 
Size:	302.7 KB 
ID:	101011  
    Lifetime learner

Owing the the values and saturation, it diminishes the illusion of depth. But it's starting to take on some qualities of abstract art. Interesting lateral step, Doctor.

Just an health update on my folks who both got COVID, since you were so kind to ask: They both did their quarantine and came back home. It took its toll on both (95yo). Step-dad is going to be doing hospice at home owing to a newly found cancer. Mom will be at his side along the way. She worked hospice for a time as well, and I think they're together now to share the experience. That time of life I'm afraid. But for now they're showing great love of life. And we're doing what we can to keep the heart lights lit.

Excelente logro... Las texturas que generas son extraordinarias...!!!
    Regards from Chile
    "El arte no reproduce lo visible. Lo hace visible" Paul Klee

Quote Originally Posted by D Akey View Post
    Owing the the values and saturation, it diminishes the illusion of depth. But it's starting to take on some qualities of abstract art. Interesting lateral step, Doctor.

Just an health update on my folks who both got COVID, since you were so kind to ask: They both did their quarantine and came back home. It took its toll on both (95yo). Step-dad is going to be doing hospice at home owing to a newly found cancer. Mom will be at his side along the way. She worked hospice for a time as well, and I think they're together now to share the experience. That time of life I'm afraid. But for now they're showing great love of life. And we're doing what we can to keep the heart lights lit.

thanks for observations sir! Abstract, no way sir! It might have taken the hues of it inadvertently, purely incidental!
    Good to know of patients coming round, cancers are challanging to treat but together they'd manage I hope. Life's a lot beyond diseases and treatments. We are still trying to find answers to zillions of things happening inside this magnificent creation of God, called human body! May He give strength to fight the adversities, all the best sir!
    Lifetime learner

[QUOTE=damasocl;536330]Excelente logro... Las texturas que generas son extraordinarias...!!![/muchas gracias señor, espero mejorar aún más!
    Lifetime learner

Snowscape, again

Have tried to improve on shadows and reflections, any better? Seek suggestions from all please.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpeg 
Views:	105 
Size:	288.6 KB 
ID:	101125  
    Lifetime learner

There's lots of harmonious color variations and a finesse to the paint application in the upper third of the painting which I really love. I would suggest making the lower portions as beautiful since they're where the story is playing out.

Of course if this is something that can be analyzed for deeper meaning, ignore what I just said. I would instead say that what I'm looking at is a heaven above and the heavier world we traverse below. If this is accurate, I would say this suggests you're holding a high ideal in your heart while helping people (knowing your profession) survive as they head toward a happier, healthier place. . . It's about the human struggle as we seek to find the beauty and all that represents. . . and that it's available just over the ridge.