Page 114 of 122 FirstFirst ... 1464104112113114115116 ... LastLast
Results 1,131 to 1,140 of 1216

Thread: Drskmishra

You picked a very complex mechanical image again, so all elements have to relate to each other for scale. Sadly they do not.

One of the things one needs to consider as a check is that it ALL must look right to your eye, rather than just relying on following some mechanical formula (computers do that admirably). Because if you get your calculations wrong in a meaningless formula, it will be wrong.

So walk through this picture and look at the relative scale and angles of the objects and people. Does it look right to your eye, or is it because you are trying to follow a formula, it got away from you. It looks to me like you followed a formula and set the perspective one way, and then you saw a scale problem and inserted the closest car on the left to try to make it work with the people on the sidewalk. But the people, if they crossed the street would dominate the sport of basketball because they're so tall.

My suggestion is to simplify your image as you learn perspective like this. Do a drawing before you paint, even if it's rough, and look at the scale of every object. Or, on the other hand, you might want to get somebody else's painting or photo that is successful in your eyes and use it as a tracing image and plot out the lines and get yourself into the way it works and note all the perspective lines and points of contact for the objects and figures. Or, if you have the patience, get a simple book that teaches perspective at a beginner's level.

Or you can just paint and ignore the perspective formulas and try to get it right to your eye. But you need to be looking closer.

Anyway, this painting is useful for you to see what the problem is. It's not unlike diagnosing the source of a hidden malady that's showing up from a nasty symptom -- where you have to force it to get worse to spot what it is. I think you did just that. Well diagnosed. You identified the problem in your comment.

If you're painting for relaxation and pleasure, there's nobody saying you need to do mentally critical stuff like this to prove you're getting good at painting. Enjoy the process, whichever way you go with it. And if you want the challenge, then go for it! My hat's off to you.

Oh, one other thing to try -- there are mechanical pages called 'Perspective Grids' that you can lay it under your paint levels and you have all the perspective worked out for you more or less. Architects and mechanical designers use them (or used to) before there were programs that did that stuff for you. But if you can download a suitable grid from the internet and get handy with it, you would solve a lot of problems immediately.

Last edited by D Akey; 04-16-2021 at 05:20 AM.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

All points noted sir, perhaps i painted from my heart without following basics! Even i had a feeling there was something amiss. Was trying to use colours to relax, sadly the virus in its second wave has been keeping us busy whole time. Shall keep them in mind and work more on sketches. Thanks a lot sir for your valuable suggestions.
    Lifetime learner

And thank YOU Doctor, for your extremely valuable service to your community. That second wave business -- hang in there and keep safe!!!!! You definitely have the very essential perspective well in proportion in that arena.

"Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Thanks sir for your good wishes, trying to see patients both through video consultations and physically by keeping 5 to 6 yards distance with a pedestal fan running behind me. Doing my bit, may He bless us all!
    Lifetime learner

Doctor, I heard a news article on the radio while driving about how bad it's gotten in India with COVID. I can't even imagine the pressure on all you health professionals, volunteers and just the people in general. All I can say is from my heart, God Bless and persevere with your tremendously essential work. Play to your strengths, and may inspiration serve you.

I hope you can pace yourself for the long haul. But I'm sure the demands of the moment play a large part in how you apply yourself. But also listen to the cheering from those of us who stand on the sidelines. Wow. Painting is nothing by comparison to what you all do. With great gratitude, please stay healthy -- you and your family and patients.

Palash

These fiery red flowers pepper the skyline during fall in my part of the world, typically they bloom on leafless dry branches and are an absolute delight to watch for miles together while driving. Have tried to depict the beauty through this, seeking suggestions from all please.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpeg 
Views:	88 
Size:	346.2 KB 
ID:	101560  
    Lifetime learner

No suggestions in particular. It looks great. More please!

Thanks so much sir! Shall try to improve further!
    Lifetime learner

Sir, you are right, its gotten worse. Hospitals are overflowing, oxygen demand is on all time high and casualties rising. But every one is trying their best. Vaccination drive is on, medicines are aplenty and home care/ shifting critical patients to smaller/ periferal towns with lesser load are some of the steps being taken. We are identifying high risk cases early on to initiate aggressive treatment. Public awareness is on all time high, near lockdown prevails. I have been trying save lives through tele consultation. An estimated 3weeks more of the ordeal, hope things improve. So touched by your concern, thanks sir!
    Lifetime learner