ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: 3.5.11?

3.5.11?

Hello
    I can't find an answer to my question anywhere. My Artrage 3.5.11 came with Wacom end 2013. Worked fine, loved it. Jan 2015 I upgraded to Yosemite 10.10.1 - logically deducing that I need to update my 3.5.11, I hunted high and low - can't find update to 3.5.11. Contacted Artrage on facebook; they a) advised me to download the latest version (which seems to be #4 with a purchase price), and b) also sent me on this merry chase to log into this forum. So, maybe someone here can finally answer my simple question: Where is the update 3.5.11 button, so that my Artrage 3.5.11 will work on Yosemite 10.10.1?
    Thanks.
    Marlies

Maybe this page can help you reach your goal: http://forums.artrage.com/showthread.php?41712
    Maker Of Replica Macoys

Techie Stuff:
    ArtRage 5.0.5 ~ 15" Macbook Pro
    + 22" HD Monitor ~ macOS 10.12.6 ~ 4 Core i7 3.1GHz CPU ~ 16GB RAM ~ Wacom Intuos4 M and a Spyder4Pro (to keep the colours true!)

Got it! Was there a 'download' button before? Last time when I clicked on what was there, I got to 'shopping cart' ... never mind ... probably didn't click in the proper spot. So relieved that I found the update to my 3.5.12 (or was it eleven?) Thanks for the hint. Cheers from Tas.

Well ... same problem - my 'finger touch movements' (2 fingers up and down) increase or reduce the 'canvas' size, the 'shrink/enlarge' 2-finger movements (open-close) do nothing; I cannot 'move' the canvas, or even scroll it. Any ideas?

Your not having a great start here are you! Sorry about that.
    I don't have a Pen & Touch tablet so can't really advise on what may have gone wrong there, apart from the usual starting point of; do you have the latest suitable Wacom driver installed?
    You could also contact AR's Support directly about it here: http://members.artrage.com/support_queries/new

Until you do get it sorted out, here are two possible workarounds:
    1: Use the floating canvas Positioner to Rotate/Drag/Zoom the canvas. It's Mac keyboard shortcut is Option+Command+C but if your tablet has buttons you could set one of them to replicate that key combination in just the one button. To dismiss the Positioner just tap the X in the center of it with the pen.

2: (This is how I have my Intuos4 set up) If your tablet has a Touch Wheel/Strip set that up to do the Zoom and Rotate. For the Drag I have a pen button set to Right Click; hover the pen tip just above the tablet surface but not actually touching, then press & hold the assigned pen button and you can then drag the canvas around.
    Maker Of Replica Macoys

Techie Stuff:
    ArtRage 5.0.5 ~ 15" Macbook Pro
    + 22" HD Monitor ~ macOS 10.12.6 ~ 4 Core i7 3.1GHz CPU ~ 16GB RAM ~ Wacom Intuos4 M and a Spyder4Pro (to keep the colours true!)

Quote Originally Posted by Marlies View Post
    Hello
    I can't find an answer to my question anywhere. My Artrage 3.5.11 came with Wacom end 2013. Worked fine, loved it. Jan 2015 I upgraded to Yosemite 10.10.1 - logically deducing that I need to update my 3.5.11, I hunted high and low - can't find update to 3.5.11. Contacted Artrage on facebook; they a) advised me to download the latest version (which seems to be #4 with a purchase price), and b) also sent me on this merry chase to log into this forum. So, maybe someone here can finally answer my simple question: Where is the update 3.5.11 button, so that my Artrage 3.5.11 will work on Yosemite 10.10.1?
    Thanks.
    Marlies
    Quote Originally Posted by Marlies View Post
    Well ... same problem - my 'finger touch movements' (2 fingers up and down) increase or reduce the 'canvas' size, the 'shrink/enlarge' 2-finger movements (open-close) do nothing; I cannot 'move' the canvas, or even scroll it. Any ideas?

Hey Marlies; I was the one talking to you on Facebook, so I figured I'd jump in here (I never actually meant for you to go to the forum, I meant that you should contact *us* directly if you had problems).

It sounds like you have multiple issues going on:

1) The Mavericks/Yosemite issue (you probably did not have version 3.5.11, as Wacom did not update the version they were offering at the time - I'm still not quite sure they're offering the latest version, actually), which causes the misssing cursor. The patch also fixes the update check, which tells people they're up to date when they aren't (we changed our website/updating system before we had to bring a Mavericks fix out, unfortunately). If anyone's looking for more details, this page should explain it: http://www.artrage.com/faqs/artrage-mavericks-issues/ (there's not a lot to it!)

If you have figured out how to a) download the latest version and b) made sure that it is installed and running, then that issue should be fixed.

2) markw's suggestion of checking your driver is a good start.

Can you also find let us know (here or by email):

- That you are *definitely* running the latest edition when you see the problems (by going to Help > About ArtRage)
    - What tablet you are using
    - If you go to Edit > ArtRage Preferences > Input Devices, and turn "Cmd/Ctrl + Mousewheel = Zoom" on (or off), then restart ArtRage, does that make a difference?
    Ambient Design Tech Support & Community Manager

This is not my signature.

Go forth and read the tutorials. Also, check out the featured artists!