ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Unable to open ArtRage for iPad images in desktop ArtRage 4.5.3

Unable to open ArtRage for iPad images in desktop ArtRage 4.5.3

Please advise how to open an image done on the iPad in desktop ArtRage. I get *file invalid* message. It appears that the iPad AR version saves to jpeg file format when I upload them to my iPad Photos and then iCloud them to my desktop where they are saved as jpegs.

Thank you,

Clyde Semler

Hi Clyde,

If you are opening a JPEG file, you need to use File > Import... because it is not an ArtRage file.

To open the original ArtRage files from the iPad, you need to export, or transfer, them as PTGs. There are a few ways to do this.

Instead of exporting to 'My Photos', you can email them and choose PTG as the file format. You can also export them to Dropbox (though this service is currently not working, due to changes in the Dropbox API), or transfer them directly from within iTunes.

For future paintings, you can also turn on 'Record Script' in the New Canvas screen, export the script and play it back in ArtRage.

For more help, see:

http://www.artrage.com/faqs/export-paintings-ipad/
    http://www.artrage.com/faqs/access-i...ntings-itunes/
    Ambient Design Tech Support & Community Manager

This is not my signature.

Go forth and read the tutorials. Also, check out the featured artists!

Thank you!

Thanks, Hannah for your thorough suggestions. I shall do my best to implement them.