ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Help

Help

What does the ArtRage with an x symbol popping up in the middle of a new canvas mean? I suddenly can't get any of the tools to paint??? New user here. Help please.

Hello bwsowell, welcome to the forums
    Well that's a new one on me, not heard of that before! Did this start recently i.e. the program used to work but now doesn't and you can not select any tools?
    Maybe you could post a screenshot of what you are seeing, that might help.
    Also what version of ArtRage do you have and what Operating System you are running it on.
    Maker Of Replica Macoys

Techie Stuff:
    ArtRage 5.0.5 ~ 15" Macbook Pro
    + 22" HD Monitor ~ macOS 10.12.6 ~ 4 Core i7 3.1GHz CPU ~ 16GB RAM ~ Wacom Intuos4 M and a Spyder4Pro (to keep the colours true!)

This query would probably fit better in the technical forum area. Nevertheless, what version of ArtRage are you using? I can't seem to get an "X" to appear as warning/flag on my version of ArtRage 4 (version 4.5.3). As a guess, the "X" is probably something to let you know that you have something else engaged, which is hindering you from using the currently selected tool. So maybe you've inadvertently made an off screen selection or perhaps set the selected layer to a locked state (such as locked transparency, paint or movement).
    Nothing is easy to the unwilling.

Hi

I'm using version 3.5 (Studio Pro), and I occasionally see an "x" in the middle of a canvas... In my case it's an X with the image of an Eye. It means I can't paint/work on a Layer that is NOT VISIBLE. I must first turn ON the visibility of that layer to work on it.

Hoping this is helpful. Otherwise, as Someonesane said, posting your question in a technical forum will likely get the right answer sooner.