Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Fashmir's Sketch Book

Wow!!

That is quite a range of subjects and styles. They are all quite good. I am absolutely in awe! Is that one of the stock papers used on the shoreline path? Love the texture.
    -Dave

huhhh lot of styles.....

like the shorepath and the african mist very much....

go on

maror

ENCHANTER- Heh, I have been busy but some of that stuff is from several months ago.

AndyRage- I hoped you might enjoy seeing more of my practice stuff. Thanks.

drzeller- Heh, I am normal folks. :wink: I think some of the most important stuff we can do as artists *is* the simple quick stuff. Without the experience generated by these kind of excercises the big tasks are not able to exist on a solid foundation. I'm glad you enjoy. Thanks for the comments.

Blanusia- Thanks. I enjoyed working on the shipwreck especially because of the blue tones. I may do a more developed shipwreck at some point. The purple princess is a test of the tools in ArtRage from back in February or March. I was *heavily* inspired by the image below.

David M- I am gratified of course that you like my imagery. I think that it is important not to go too far in glorifying a human being though. If you must build a shrine let it be a shrine to art itself, and to the potential for positive human connections that it can generate. Thanks for the love.

DMerchen- Thanks for posting a response. The paper on the shoreline path image is one that I created using a program called DarkTree. It is a very powerful procedural texture generating program that I had the pleasure to participate in the Beta cycles of the first couple of versions from the mid 1990s. www.darksim.com I am thinking of starting a repository of papers that I have created so you all can download them for yourselves. Still working out how to deliver it though the archive can get quite large. :wink:

maror- Thank you for taking the time to respond. I will post more.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Be well,

"Teach, Learn, Thrive"~DM

I think Fashmir should have his own little gallery section here...
    --LES

woww!!

I like your style..me,my brother and my father have been seeing them..they found them strange and they say "he is very sensitive.."

"Oh look, a new one by Fashmir, let's see..."
    "Well. That's interesting. Love the swirlies. Oooh, there's more loveliness posted below."

/me sees number of images and faints.

Will return to comment properly later. Must process.

- Gita =]

Here's another quick splat. I kind of like him.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Be well,

"Teach, Learn, Thrive"~DM

I really Love the triangle tree, i dont know what draws me to that one.. I really like all of them and basically anything you do on here lol.. I would love to have the underwater sunken ship one hanging in my room haha.. very stunning work..

ahh so much cool stuff! i love the cute little people and some of the more atmospheric ones like the african mist one and the underwater one, keep them coming
    i never knew i was so empty that i could be so full...

David, I enjoyed this glimpse into your "sketchbook" so much. Hands down my favorite is "Resting Place". When I think about it, it has the same quality of emotion for me that the little guy sitting on the pillars has. (One of your previous works). Thanks for sharing all these, I will be "art dump-ster diving" here!
    Art is like an ill-trained Labrador retriever that drags you out into traffic. (Annie Dillard)