ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Capulet

Capulet

I did a pencil portrait of Montague the Whippet as a pre-Christmas commission. Of course, Capulet is now my next job., so I thought I would get to know her in Art Rage while I am waiting for my new glasses to arrive. I broke them a couple of weeks back and had to resurrect a very old pair. Fine pencil work is not in their capabilities, so I have ordered some new ones. Hopefully tomorrow!

She's a rough old painting, but nice to get back into Art Rage again.

Attachment 85109

Exceptional dog portrait once more! You seem to improve at each shot! I realized it was not about Shakespeare ... LOL
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

I love the eyes.

I can only imagine what this would look like if your vision were 100 percent. It is excellent now. I can almost hear the dog whimpering.

Hi Robyn,

you must be in early - mid summer there... freezing fog, and very cold here.. this is a lovely portrait, there is such intelligence in her eyes.. I love your dry scrubby brush...thanks for sharing that. I have been on very quiet on the forum and not done much at all... just gathering up the juice for my next phase I guess. I did get an iPad over Christmas ( ipad Air 32 Gb ) and got a couple of styli for it and just poking around with it at the moment, I really appreciate the technical savvy of forum artist who do their work on the iPad.. but should be fun. wishing you a very healthy and productive new year!..

Never getting tired at looking at your wonderful paintings! Lovely dog beautifully rendered ^^ Cheers
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/andreamgart

That's what art's about, isn't it -- at some point it's about the relationship between the art and the viewer, sort of like speed dating. (D Akey)

It's not my best, but thank you to everyone for your kind words.

Gary, we are sitting with our heads in the clouds today, with drizzling rain and quite cool. But it has been hot and dry, as summer always is in Victoria. It's been very cold in Northern climes, I believe. Your cold is different to ours ... where we rarely go below freezing.

An Ipad! That will be a change of scene for you. I will look forward to your creations.

I have a touchscreen Notepad which is only a little bit bigger. I took it to life drawing for a long time, which was challenging, but great fun. I haven't used it for that for a while, but I must have another go.

such warm real eyes. beautiful.

Robyn, what a beautiful painting, the eyes are so perfect, as always wonderful work