ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: NOTICE (Happy End). New online printing features costs are awful!

Thumbs up NOTICE (Happy End). New online printing features costs are awful!

Unfortunately I have to give You notice of this unsatisfactory experience with MILK, also in view of our ArtRagers friends finding a better and maybe global supplier for cost-effective online print orders!
    I made an order to MILK for a 8x10 inches, 20x25 cm (circa) print on canvas for a cost of 43,37 i. e. 52,99 including the shipping costs (I checked on invoice now). I expected the delivery would be made through regional facilities, so that, if coming from anywhere in Europe as a base, the packet would have no duty and levy cost. I found out instead, with FedEx calling me, that further 32 of VAT and administrative expenses had to be paid upon receipt! I guess also that customs made also a mistake on VAT and Administrative Expenses by considering 52,99 USD as they were euros.
    ANYWAY THE COMBINED UNEXPEXTED EXTRA-COSTS MADE ME REJECTED THE PACKET AND I'LL SEE WHETHER I MAY BE ENTITLED TO GET MONEY BACK FROM MILK!
    Last edited by Caesar; 01-14-2015 at 09:53 PM.
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Could you send me (matt@ambientdesign.com) an email with the details of the order (order number from MILK and anything else you have) and I will get in touch with them to find out what happened and see if we can sort out a refund for the returned order. In theory, they have fulfillment places in Europe so should be able to ship internally but it's possible that over the holiday period there was a problem or printing happened in another facility due to the European office being on holiday.

We should be able to find out what happened and get it sorted out.
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.

Thank you, dear Matt. I sent You their order confirmation.
    Apart from this, I would like to know if Artrage for Android fits also my Samsung Tab 3 10" 5200 tablet.
    Last edited by Caesar; 01-09-2015 at 11:36 PM.

I looked at this site but found they are much more expensive that the one I use. I wanted to support AR but the price difference was just too much.

The site I use, price their smallest canvas 12"x8" at 22.96 euro - including postage of about 11 euro. I have bought seven canvases so far - the latest arriving a couple of days ago - 20"x16" = 26.39euros. They have specials from time to time and this time it was free delivery. I should add that we in Oz don't pay any tax on online purchases of less than $1000aud.

While I order on an Australian online site, the canvases come from China and are very well packed and delivery is about 10days.

You will recognise this one.

Name:  canvas.jpg
Views: 181
Size:  21.5 KB
    June.

Oh God of homeless things, look down
    And try to ease the way
    Of all the little weary paws
    That walk the world
    today.
    -
    Unknown.

http://enug66.deviantart.com/gallery/

Well me too I would have a cheaper price, dear enug, by simply going to my optical and photography shop who send the order to print on canvas. I tried this to order from home, support the initiative and see if with ArtRage source format and the adviced technology to better convert image from screen to print I would get a better outcome. Now Matt is inquiring and I sent an email too to MILK. We'll see why it could not be sent within Europe with no further taxation and a cheaper or null shipping cost (just like with the books I get from online from the Book Depository, UK, however low is their price).

I have to gratefully point out Matt Rage's intervention and also a postive attitude and customer care by MILK who charged, exceptionally, the unexpected import duty costs on their fedEx account. I therefore received the packet and the print on canvas directly from an ArtRage file was truly excellent, thus competitive in a qualitative sense. I thanked them and repeated to MILK that a printing and shipping facility in Europe would make them competitive enough vs other picture printing offers because no additional VAT, duty, levy and other custom and adinistrative cost would be charged among European Union member countries.
    I hope they'll implement such a move. I don't know which is the situation in US or other American countries for receiving a packet from Hong Kong, that is, if there's some sort of bilateral commercial agreement avoiding applying double VAT and else, otherwise the problem would raise also with American customers.
    Last edited by Caesar; 01-14-2015 at 09:37 PM.

Lynda.com author, Digital Tutors instructor
    Bravo! Bravo! Bravo!

ArtRage4.5.9 MACPRO (El Capitan), Wacom Cintiq 13HD, iPad3, Note 4, Wacom Intous & Nomad Brush Compose.
    ArtRage Courses: Intro to AR, Materials in AR, Portraits in AR (http://tinyurl.com/j6cyvwx)