ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Wacom Intuos Pen & Touch Zoom inversion

Wacom Intuos Pen & Touch Zoom inversion

Wacom Intuos Pen & Touch Zoom inversion

This tablet has both pen and touch pad capabilities.
    To zoom with the touchpad mode you do it the same way as in the macintosh touch pad, however the zoom direction is flipped.
    Bringing fingers closer on the Wacom tablet makes the picture larger and vice versa. This is opposite to the Mac's touch pad.
    This inversion does not happen in Photoshop or Preview. I also tried deleting the Wacom specific setting for art rage. I also tried USB vs. Wireless. It is definitely related to ArtRage.

The versions
    Art Rage 4.5.3 - 64 Bit

Wacom Intuos Pen & Touch Zoom Small, Model CTH-480 with wireless kit.

Model Name: MacBook Air
    Model Identifier: MacBookAir5,1
    Processor Name: Intel Core i7
    Processor Speed: 2 GHz
    Number of Processors: 1
    Total Number of Cores: 2
    L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB
    L3 Cache: 4 MB
    Memory: 8 GB
    Boot ROM Version: MBA51.00EF.B02

System Version: OS X 10.10.1 (14B25)
    Kernel Version: Darwin 14.0.0
    Boot Volume: Macintosh HD
    Boot Mode: Normal

This is actually a Wacom driver configuration issue. Here's why:

ArtRage 3 didn't support OS X gestures, it implemented support for a Wacom specific system that simulated pinch zooming and other gestures. Zoom was done via Mousewheel events, and when OS X introduced the idea of touch scrolling (on trackpads and the magic mouse) the direction of scrolling on mousewheel events flipped. As a result, the old Wacom system suddenly started zooming in the wrong direction.

Cut to ArtRage 4: We do support correct OS X gestures now, but Wacom's drivers are configured to specifically not send those events to ArtRage, which means that we're still getting the old mousewheel event which is inverted (unless you configure your Mac to flip the direction of scroll in mouse settings).

We're talking to Wacom about it and I've investigated whether we can manually edit those configuration files to get the tablet to send us modern-style events but I don't have any further info at this time. As soon as the driver is corrected it should start working. Sorry I couldn't provide an immediate fix!
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.

I may be misunderstanding this but I have a 27 inch iMac with a Wacom Intuos 4 running AR 4.5 and I have no issues with scrolling or zooming using gestures. All behave as expected meaning no inversion.

Is it possible that you've inverted the OS scroll behaviour previously? Also, the Intuos drivers may be slightly different.

Just in case, a driver update may solve the problem (making sure to uninstall the old drivers and reboot before installing the new ones) but I'm suspicious that this is an internal config issue.
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.

I don't think I could have inverted the OS scroll behavior since I have no idea how to do that but I suppose I could have done it accidentally. Though as far as I can recall the gesture behavior has worked correctly for me since installation of my Intuos which was before the newest release of AR.