ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My interpretation of O'Keeffe's Light of Iris

Lynda.com author, Digital Tutors instructor

My interpretation of O'Keeffe's Light of Iris

Tried to copy her painting to learn the style. Good fun.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2015-01-07 at 4.48.23 PM.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	74.8 KB 
ID:	85023

ArtRage4.5.9 MACPRO (El Capitan), Wacom Cintiq 13HD, iPad3, Note 4, Wacom Intous & Nomad Brush Compose.
    ArtRage Courses: Intro to AR, Materials in AR, Portraits in AR (http://tinyurl.com/j6cyvwx)

Marvellous!
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Hi Victor

I love O'Keeffe's work, and I really like your 'copy'. Well done.

You nailed it, Victor! Very O'Keefe. Feminine and organic. (not you. . . sheesh -- the style)

Well painted and you seem to have fully understood what that series was about.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Thanks guys! Since I'm getting a bit better at her style, I have a particular flower in my backyard I want to paint. I just love ArtRage.

ArtRage4.5.9 MACPRO (El Capitan), Wacom Cintiq 13HD, iPad3, Note 4, Wacom Intous & Nomad Brush Compose.
    ArtRage Courses: Intro to AR, Materials in AR, Portraits in AR (http://tinyurl.com/j6cyvwx)

Really nice

Very delicate and in interesting colors.

Thank you. Her paintings hold a special place in my heart. I used a palette generator program to capture a dozen of her colours into a swatch so I could pick the colors and blend them using her original as a reference only.

Quote Originally Posted by Victor Osaka View Post
    Thank you. Her paintings hold a special place in my heart. I used a palette generator program to capture a dozen of her colours into a swatch so I could pick the colors and blend them using her original as a reference only.
    That's cool about the palette generator. You know that you can do a few handy tricks to extract a palette in a different way:

1) AR imports pictures as palettes, not that that matters so much that it goes into that little wedge where the palette currently is, but you can also sample colors from a ref pic if you have one in your workspace.

2) you can take any pic whose color you like and in Photoshop you can use the Stained Glass filter to simplify the palette to whatever degree you like. And from that breakdown you can select some colors that you like by zooming in to where you have a few colors coming out of the same area in the source pic or whatever. It's a rich source of color schemes, certainly for those with design in mind.

Glad to see you're getting something out of that pre-planned color approach. You certainly got a great result here, I must say. Bravo to you!

With the rain your garden has to be going bonkers with color. Grab that camera to last you through all the dismally dry times.
    Last edited by D Akey; 01-11-2015 at 01:06 PM.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

A wonderful interpretation of her beautiful painting Victor. You learn so much by trying to adapt Art Rage to reflect natural media, don't you?

Excellent job!!
    Warm Regards,
    Bill

ArtRage Gallery