ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Need you reviews & critique

Need you reviews & critique

Hello everyone!

This is my first work done with the help of ArtRage. It would be great if you could post yout reviews/advice/critique.
    The name of my work is "The Celtic Tree of Life"
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tree of Life.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	500.1 KB 
ID:	85019

Great application for symmetry

Strong celtic composition...I like this, but something about the colors does not hold together for me. Maybe the turquoise is a little strong for the rest of it?

Quote Originally Posted by marianwhit View Post
    Strong celtic composition...I like this, but something about the colors does not hold together for me. Maybe the turquoise is a little strong for the rest of it?
    Thank you very much for the review. Speaking about turquoise... I wanted to make it shine like thre is an inner light in the runes and the celtic symbol. But maybe you're right, I overdid it

i agree with the previous user, the actual design is really nice, its composition pleasing to the eye.
    if you want to keep the aqua, i would suggest making the background a dark aqua. i think that would suit it a bit better.

My only observation is that the current scheme although mysterious (good) is somewhat dark (not good when "life" is the subject).

Observe the branches and roots all flow harmoniously to the curve of the surrounding circle, but that the branches must "droop" somewhat, or follow a drooping path, to do this. This lends a dark quality the feel of the piece. As a suggestion the branches, and especially the lowest branches, could curve upward and to flow with the circle. This is not a small change but I think it would brighten the feel of the work so that not only "Celtic" and "Mystery" would be immediately present but also "Life!"

Quote Originally Posted by Anna_Bondareva View Post
    Thank you very much for the review. Speaking about turquoise... I wanted to make it shine like thre is an inner light in the runes and the celtic symbol. But maybe you're right, I overdid it
    Anna ,
    Actually, I saw this painting of yours before anybody had replied yet. And I must say, one of the things that I really really liked about it was in fact the turquoise runes, a sort of back-lit glowing effect, due to the color contrast.

Just thought I'd let you know, as there are many varied points of view out there. In that regard, in my view and from your words, you achieved exactly what you were aiming for.

The colours give it depth. The green comes forward, the inside part pushes it back, nice effect!

Quote Originally Posted by Anna_Bondareva View Post
    No. I think you were very successful at getting that glow. It's the green background that has to go. Play with that. Maybe a taupe--but then that might make the turquoise even stronger--which may or may not be a good thing.

I wish I could make a picture, any picture, on artrage. Please see my posts!

I think this is absolutely beautiful. I love Celtic design and this is wonderfully done.