ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A little mouse

A little mouse

Name:  mus_klar.jpg
Views: 355
Size:  87.2 KB

All digital pencil drawing + some "grit" sticker tool spray. Colour added using digital watercolour.

Name:  musse.PNG
Views: 345
Size:  161.2 KB

If you want to use this Little Mouse Method <--- here is a link to how I made it.
    Last edited by Henry Stahle; 01-09-2015 at 02:33 AM.

Really cute!

I like the way you did this. Very interesting techniques. Makes me want to experiment around.

What a cutie - even if it is a rodent!
    June.

Oh God of homeless things, look down
    And try to ease the way
    Of all the little weary paws
    That walk the world
    today.
    -
    Unknown.

http://enug66.deviantart.com/gallery/

A celebration in lines. Quite thematic visually in the area of textures and forms -- linear wheat grains, lines of the fur, lines of the wood. In a sense it could be considered within a language.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

A sort of grisaille technique I understand ... excellent method!
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Marilyn Anne, Enug, D Akey and Caesar,

Thank you for commenting on my drawing / painting. If you want to use this If you want to use this Little Mouse Method <--- here is a link to how I made it.

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Stahle View Post
    Marilyn Anne, Enug, D Akey and Caesar,

Thank you for commenting on my drawing / painting. If you want to use this If you want to use this Little Mouse Method <--- here is a link to how I made it.
    Thanks you for the quick and easy tutorial, Henry!
    I use many layers, but decidedly not in the same way you did here to separate the color elements of one same image. I'll try to incorporate this "illustrator" method in my work at some point.

Oh, almost forgot: your mouse is very sweet. I like this strong and pure lines composition.

Thank You for Your interesting explanation of Your brilliant method! To remove the white You may also turn the sheet of the drawing into cell, which is transparent.
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

KillWhite plug-in = recommended

Quote Originally Posted by Caesar View Post
    Thank You for Your interesting explanation of Your brilliant method! To remove the white You may also turn the sheet of the drawing into cell, which is transparent.
    I don't know about that "turn the sheet of the drawing into cell" and how to do it.

My scanned drawing on paper has a solid white background and I remove it using Krita or Corel Painter (Select / Autoselect / Using: Image Luminance / Invert Selection / Delete).

There is also a free plug-in (8bf type) called KillWhite. It does not work in ArtRage 64bit environment, only the 32bit ArtRage will work. Just place the plug-in in the Filters folder and use it. It clears the white out by one click. I prefere the tool in Krita (free), it is more sophistcated than all the rest, you can fine-tune the selection and use it on more complex pictures, not only pure black and white or grayscale.

I love the results of this painting.