ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Accepting a Dance

Accepting a Dance

I've been gone for a while, had a lot happening. But I'm back with this! The color purple is slowly growing on me, so I painted this. I know the arms are kinda wonky, but I kind of got tired of painting this. :P Anyway, used myself as a reference for the hands/pose.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AcceptingaDance.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	123.3 KB 
ID:	84957  

Hello Lea.....Very nice and elegant...is that a Studded Collar? Good to hear from you! Wishing you and yours a Happy New Year!
    Take care,
    Steve

Nice one. I like the parts you paid attention to.

Granted, the arms/shoulder's wonky a little, but I don't have a big problem with it since it's so stylized overall. I assume that if and when they animate that they would have a fluidity that works in their own universe. So it could work in context just fine. I think the good part is that you are creating images. And if it's a problem, it will resolve itself when you can look back at all the pictures you're doing and make decisions based on how they all play together. You'll have an overview then that one doesn't necessarily have at the beginning. Characters often evolve over time.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Quote Originally Posted by stevemawmv View Post
    Hello Lea.....Very nice and elegant...is that a Studded Collar? Good to hear from you! Wishing you and yours a Happy New Year!
    Take care,
    Steve
    Thank you! Its a bit difficult to see, but the necklace has some small necklace chains on it. Its easier to see on a bigger version of the picture.

Quote Originally Posted by D Akey View Post
    Nice one. I like the parts you paid attention to.

Granted, the arms/shoulder's wonky a little, but I don't have a big problem with it since it's so stylized overall. I assume that if and when they animate that they would have a fluidity that works in their own universe. So it could work in context just fine. I think the good part is that you are creating images. And if it's a problem, it will resolve itself when you can look back at all the pictures you're doing and make decisions based on how they all play together. You'll have an overview then that one doesn't necessarily have at the beginning. Characters often evolve over time.
    Thanks! Yeah, I figure I'll just keep practicing. I've already noticed where I've improved and where I need to improve more, so I'll just keep going. :P