ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Error layer!

Error layer!

Hello everyone!
    When you open a file, gives this error:
    Attached Images Attached Images  

It looks like the file you are trying to open may be damaged. If the file is smaller than 10Mb or so could you send a copy to support@artrage.com and let us know whether there were any problems when you last saved it (such as the computer attempting to shut down during save).
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.

File size 120 mb.
    Do not want to open the picture in a layer with a simple background.
    The file opens, but this layer is not present.
    Helped me what I did for a copy of the project: took a copy of the background.
    Perhaps a little disk space or hard disk failure. Going to buy a SSD.

Greetings, ladies and gentlemen! I am not satisfied with the work program. Lost another large-scale pattern: open only the background layer, drawn characters lost. At the same time, I remind you, I bought you a license!
    Drawing only 4000 x 2000 pixels.
    112 megabytes
    SSD drive
    The infamous instability!

Restored the command "import image * ptg", but now all the layers are joined into one. Anything!

Can you tell us:

1. What computer operating system you have
    2. What version of ArtRage you are using
    3. If this is only happening with one file, or if it happens to lots of files (are you trying to get one file back, or is this an ongoing problem?)

If it's just this file, and normally ArtRage is fine, then we cannot do much - the file has been corrupted. You can import it to get the preview image as a single layer PNG, but there may not be anything else to rescue. There are lots of different things that can cause this, such as the computer shutting down suddenly, ArtRage crashing, or another program causing problems.

If this has happened more than once, and you would like help figuring out why, there are a few other details that we'll need to know.

You can also contact us directly at support@artrage.com, but either way, we'll need the information above to get started.
    Ambient Design Tech Support & Community Manager

This is not my signature.

Go forth and read the tutorials. Also, check out the featured artists!

1. Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 64-bit
    Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz 3.70 GHz
    SSD HyperX Fury 120 G
    16 GB
    GeForce GT 440

2. ArtRage 4.5.4 64 bit. Interface in Russian.

3. I suspect that the fault with the opening of the layers due to recording a script drawing. I think the program can not save a script homemade texture brushes (stikers). Because such was the case with another file, who wrote about the first topic. Sometimes the script simply ceases to be recorded in the process, as it turns out later.

Quote Originally Posted by Vladislav View Post

3. I suspect that the fault with the opening of the layers due to recording a script drawing. I think the program can not save a script homemade texture brushes (stikers). Because such was the case with another file, who wrote about the first topic. Sometimes the script simply ceases to be recorded in the process, as it turns out later.
    Aha, that sounds useful. Can you email us the script and the custom stickers you used (to support@artrage.com ) , so we can take a look?
    Ambient Design Tech Support & Community Manager

This is not my signature.

Go forth and read the tutorials. Also, check out the featured artists!

Sent to your e-mail files and scripts.

I lost another complex and lengthy project. Tired of this situation!