ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Kringle's little sister: Merry

Kringle's little sister: Merry

I had some spare time on my hands with the holidays, and I saw this line drawing in a colouring book... and i had to color it... Now i'm stuck with the lines of the face (it feels a bit masculine, does it not?). Any advice would do good now. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WIP 4 Merry.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	182.9 KB 
ID:	84867

And i made a big mistake from the beginning: forgot to check my canvas settings so my "masterpiece" is only .... 2,46 x 3,60 inch (that is 7x9,14 cm) @300dpi... so it's kinda pixel-carving
    Last edited by Orkhan; 12-27-2014 at 06:07 AM.
    I'm the happiest man in the world. I just don't know this, yet.

my gallery: http://members.artrage.com/gallery/32810

Hope this is useful....

Quote Originally Posted by Orkhan View Post
    I had some spare time on my hands with the holidays, and I saw this line drawing in a colouring book... and i had to color it... Now i'm stuck with the lines of the face (it feels a bit masculine, does it not?). Any advice would do good now.
    Hello Orkhan,
    I think the chin is to long and broad, pull the left cheek in a little to the the corner of the mouth and lessen the amount of extention there is at the bridge of the nose between the eyes....also I think if you would make her neck a little smaller that would help as well.... I just googled the Art Nouveau coloring book from where this image is, and her face is a bit masquline looking in it...there are others more feminine looking in the book that you could use, may have to flip the image though....Over all your headed in the right direction with this...
    Happy Holidays...
    Steve
    Last edited by stevemawmv; 12-27-2014 at 08:20 AM.

Hi. Thank you Steve. Now that you mentioned it, i've googled it too.. and found it as Mucha's work (beautiful as it is!). Thanks a lot for the advice, yes - flipping is one of the best weapons against doubt :-). Happy Holidays too!

Done!

Thank you again. I finished it, can be seen in galery.