ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Downloaded app, but can't do anything with it

Downloaded app, but can't do anything with it

Hi- I Just bought a Wacom and downloaded ArtRage Studio. It seemed to download ok. I registered it on the website, but when I open the app, ArtRage Studio shows up in the menu bar as it should, but everything under "File", Edit, tools, and view is gray and I can't do anything with it. I'm running Mac OS 10.6.8. Please help. Thanks!

The tech guys will be along very soon I'm sure.

Hi Jan and welcome to the forums
    Not sure what may have happened there for you. One thought that occurs to me and it's possibly a long shot this, is; when AR launches it will want to check online if there are any updates available. Before it dose this it opens a dialogue window asking if you want to do this "now". While this window is open waiting for you to "check now" or "cancel" all AR's menu items will be greyed out.
    Could it be possible that this window somehow managed to get hidden behind the main AR window/canvas? or another app's window perhaps?
    Maybe try a shut down and restart you computer and try launching AR again with no other apps running and see what that gets you.

Something else that occurs to me is which version of ArtRage Studio came with your Wacom? That may be a factor.
    In the 'Members Area' where you registered your copy of AR you can download the latest free update for it.
    The newest Mac version of ArtRage Studio and Studio Pro is v3.5.12
    Last edited by markw; 12-27-2014 at 12:37 PM.
    Maker Of Replica Macoys

Techie Stuff:
    ArtRage 5.0.5 ~ 15" Macbook Pro
    + 22" HD Monitor ~ macOS 10.12.6 ~ 4 Core i7 3.1GHz CPU ~ 16GB RAM ~ Wacom Intuos4 M and a Spyder4Pro (to keep the colours true!)

Hi Jan!

Sorry to hear that you're having problems - the two things markw suggested are definitely the two things to check first, but if you are still having issues, please let us know. You can contact us directly at support@artrage.com (if you haven't done so already).
    Ambient Design Tech Support & Community Manager

This is not my signature.

Go forth and read the tutorials. Also, check out the featured artists!