ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: How do I add a previous Resources folder to Custom Content

How do I add a previous Resources folder to Custom Content

Is there an optimum way to add my old resources folder with all my stickers and presets and canvases to a newer version of Artrage with Custom Content. If I just rename it custom content and replace it I suppose that would not work since some of the tools have changed like chalk and crayon. Mostly I just need to add the stickers and tool presets and canvases to the custom content folder... right? Somewhere along the way I lost everything probably after an upgrade to Windows 8.1. Fortunately I backed up to One Drive an older Resources folder that contained most of my created stickers and presets and canvases. Thanks.
    Last edited by screenpainter; 12-18-2014 at 01:02 AM.

Most of the content of the old AR3 Resources folder can just be copied over.
    But do not though just replace AR4's Custom Content folder with AR3.5's Resources folder. There are slight differences in the content as you noted. To be safe, copy the contents folder by folder so you don't accidentally overwrite something specific to AR4, like for example the 'Toolboxes' folder.
    Old Crayon presets from 3.5 can be recognized by 4.5 when copied into the 'Pastel' folder but not I've found old Chalk presets. So yes any of these you may have would need to be remade in AR4.
    Maker Of Replica Macoys

Techie Stuff:
    ArtRage 5.0.5 ~ 15" Macbook Pro
    + 22" HD Monitor ~ macOS 10.12.6 ~ 4 Core i7 3.1GHz CPU ~ 16GB RAM ~ Wacom Intuos4 M and a Spyder4Pro (to keep the colours true!)

Thanks Mark,
    I was able to load all my old stickers and tool presets by replacing the custom content folder with the old resources folder (renamed to custom content) so now in the process of adding all the canvases.
    Last edited by screenpainter; 12-19-2014 at 12:45 AM.