ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Humphrey

Humphrey

I updated my video software and wanted a chance to try it out. It was a nice day, which are getting rarer, so we decided to take Humphrey to the park. That seemed like a good chance to do two things at once. The result [it work best with sound turned up some]:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UON2GOfOTRc
    PS: he isn't fighting the leash, this is what's known as a weasel war dance. Go ahead, look it up on youtube, I'm for real.

The last time I kept an open mind,
    my brain fell out and the dog grabbed it.
    Now it's full of dirt, toothmarks, and dog slobber.
    No more open minds or dogs for me.www.gms9810.com/

LOL... LOL.. that's all I got...
    Warm Regards,
    Bill

ArtRage Gallery

I was wondering if he had been Humphrey bogarting the peace pipe at the war dance. Mixing and matching chemicals. Heck my cats flop around on the ground outdoors when I come out. But this looks like that 33rpm song and dance played at 78rpm. WOOHOOOOO!!!!!!!

What a fun little guy. . . never a dull moment I'll bet.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

It's fun to search for the weasel war dance on youtube, every ferret I've had [18] have done that.

Quote Originally Posted by Gms9810 View Post
    It's fun to search for the weasel war dance on youtube, every ferret I've had [18] have done that.
    How awesome. I looked up one of the weasels - Ozzy by name. Hilarious.

I also saw a video on somebody telling the viewers what to expect when getting a ferret as a pet (or was it a weasel. . . I think ferret. . .) Anyway, he was very cool and informative about it, having people consider what they're getting into taking on any pet generally, length of time they live and generally what one needs to know. Very responsible. What I did not know was that they have a musky smell, and that most of the ones that come from pet stores have been neutered and have had their scent removed except for in the gland region around the head. . . I assume because it's delicate around there and they don't want to hurt them.

So your ferrets over the years, have they had a particularly strong odor? Not that it would impact someone used to it. And not that I'm planning to get one in the foreseeable future (although they look quite big on romping and frolicking), but would you say that yours had much scent? And do they preen themselves like cats? Interesting little guys. Weasels too. . . look high maintenance, but that may be because they're so much fun that the owners spend so much time with them because they're a hoot.

Merry Christmas to you and all those around and about ya, George, bipedal and otherwise.
    Last edited by D Akey; 12-19-2014 at 08:55 PM.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

I've seen the Ozzy one. I think he's a regular weasel. Yes, even descented ferrets have a musky smell to some degree. They're in the same family as badgers, wolverines, and skunks. They're known to be exceptionally strong for their size and if raised right are never mean. IF you get a mean one they have a hellish bite. I've only had one like that, it was my first one back in the 80s. I didn't know anything about them then or I wouldn't have gotten him. My oldest daughter, about 3 or 4 at the time gave him some cookie dough on her finger. I have to pry his mouth off with a screwdriver. In time he mellowed out but that was the only one I've ever seen like that. Ferrets have three thins they live for: eat, play, and sleep and they play insanely crazy then sleep 16 to 18 hours a day. If raised right they're really gentle. Humphrey is my wife's I'll post a pic of my two girls later today [it's 6:00 am now] we had 12 and they all died of old age except one and he died of Cushing's disease.
    This was my wife's other one that died last month...
    Name:  rupert2.jpg
Views: 45
Size:  67.6 KB His name was Rupert. And this was Willow, one of my three girls... Name:  Willow 1.jpg
Views: 45
Size:  62.1 KB She died about three months ago. She would bite every dog she got close to.I had Willow, Laurel, and Aspen [it was a tree thing]. All I have not are Aspen and Sylvia aka skunky because of the stripe on her head.