ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Sad issue with 2.6 ... Is there autosave option or something like this?

Unhappy Sad issue with 2.6 ... Is there autosave option or something like this?

Yestarday I got a problem with ArtRage 2.6. I scribbed some piece of art in new painting without saving. And my preciouse notebook gave me blue error screen with reloadong jast right before I wanted to save my work. This sketch was enouh simple, and I can re-draw it anytime, but for the future works I must to get rid of such problems. May be, there is some autosaving function, or some cash of paintings? Is any chance to get my work back in this case? Please, give me some advice?!

Autosave would be one thing.

But I have learnt to 'save AS' regularly, because if Artrage crashes it brings back the bottom layer only. (And I work on many layers.)

We do have a back up saves option in ArtRage 4, which will keep extra save files with previous version. You still have to remember to actually save, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Slap Happy Larry View Post

But I have learnt to 'save AS' regularly, because if Artrage crashes it brings back the bottom layer only. (And I work on many layers.)
    Saving is always a good idea, no matter how good the program, in case of sudden lightning strikes and cats on the keyboard. ArtRage will try and save everything it can when it crashes or is suddenly shut down for any reason, which may mean just the bottom layer, or it may be more than that. It may also just be the top half of the image, or similar. How much it saves depends on how and why the program shut down, and how quickly this happened.

This applies for general computer crashes as well, but if it's just ArtRage, and if ArtRage is crashing on you a lot, there may be a reason for this, which we can look into if you contact support@artrage.com

If you get a damaged save that still appears as an image thumbnail (you can see the preview in your folder), then you can use File > Import... to open the file, and import the PNG preview of the painting. This will be on a single layer, and only have whatever was visible at the time (no hidden layers), but it will be full size and decent quality.
    Ambient Design Tech Support & Community Manager

This is not my signature.

Go forth and read the tutorials. Also, check out the featured artists!

Oh man. Yes. Lightning strikes. It's that time of year in this part of Australia.

I once lost a morning's worth of work and emailed Dave, who helpfully told me (this was Artrage Studio Pro) that "the first thing that Artrage attempts to save is the full size preview image. This means that you may be able to recover the point you were up to as a single colour only layer by using File -> Import Image, then choosing your PTG file. You could then continue working over the top."

With this I was able to get the whole thing back but it was all merged into a single layer. I had to do the artwork again since I needed the layers kept separate (for moving parts on an app) and because I'd had the morning to "practice" the drawing turned out slightly better the second time round, but whenever I look at that particular piece of art now I only remember the lightning.
    Last edited by Slap Happy Larry; 12-12-2014 at 11:45 AM.

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Slap Happy Larry View Post

You have a great luck if so... I got nothing asaid last color choice
    And I have not enouh free money now to buy version 4...
    May be there is some variant of utilitie, that would save last results of any working programbefore crush or something like that (totally not a programmer)?