ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Request: Filling large areas with flat colour

Request: Filling large areas with flat colour

Hey guys, I was wondering how you approached filling in large areas with flat colour, when using tools with soft edges (eg. ink pen). I want to be able to fill an area with just one colour but I get "jaggies" if I just use the paint bucket tool and using the tool at a large size is just tedious, does anyone have any tips on how to get large areas filled?

Not being sure about the specifics of what you are wanting to fill but the method I usually use when filling line work, to avoid unsightly edges around the fill colour, you can find in my post in another thread here: http://forums.artrage.com/showthread...687#post459687
    Other suggestions about doing fills can probably be found scattered around the forums someplace I'm sure...
    Maker Of Replica Macoys

Techie Stuff:
    ArtRage 5.0.5 ~ 15" Macbook Pro
    + 22" HD Monitor ~ macOS 10.12.6 ~ 4 Core i7 3.1GHz CPU ~ 16GB RAM ~ Wacom Intuos4 M and a Spyder4Pro (to keep the colours true!)

That works quite well, just one question though. When I've coloured everything and I decide I want to change the colour of something (eg. the face portion), it fills everything, how do I stop it doing that?

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2014-12-10 at 12.53.23 pm.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	91.7 KB 
ID:	84688  

Ah. I worked it out. Just turn "current layer only" back on to change the colours.