ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Intuos Creative Stylus 2 / iPad Air 1st gen

Intuos Creative Stylus 2 / iPad Air 1st gen

I followed the setup instructions, but there is always an offset between pen point and the actual stroke in either landscape or portrait view. This offset also occurs when holding the pen perpendicular to the tablet screen.

Suggestions.
    Eden
    You can't outsource your soul work.
    www.edensart.com

The offset is caused by the stylus itself - It needs to be held in a specific way to have the stroke align with the tip of the stylus. Wacom have set the way to hold the stylus as what should be a natural position for writing, which is to say you hold it like a pen, at about 45 degrees to the surface of the device, angled to the right (clock face position around half way between 4 and 5 o'clock if you're looking down on it from above).

Unfortunately, this is a limitation of the hardware and all we were able to do was implement Wacom's system for correcting the problem, which won't work if you change the angle of your hand during painting.
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.

Angle no help

Holding the pen in the direction you mention has no effect on the annoying offset.

These apps have almost no offset: Bamboo Paper, Sketchbook, and Sketchbook Club.

So, why can't ArtRage do the same?
    Eden
    www.edensart.com

I don't know why you are seeing a difference. We have implemented everything Wacom have advised us to in the latest version of their SDK and I've just checked it out and I'm seeing the same behaviour in ArtRage and Bamboo Paper - if I do not hold the stylus in the standard position there is an offset with the tip.

What you may be seeing is the standard stroke gap (eg. the leading edge of the stroke is slightly behind the stylus position due to brush head simulation - see notes in the help files), but using the latest builds of Bamboo Paper and ArtRage I'm not seeing a difference.

Note that if you are left handed you should turn on the left handed toggle in ArtRage preferences.
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.

Unfortunately, I see a marked offset difference between ArtRage and the apps mentioned. Right handed, too.
    Eden
    www.edensart.com

I have a creative stylus 2 with an ipad air 2nd generation. I have the same tip offset issue when I tilt the creative pen forwards and backwards, this also is the same response I get in the Bamboo Paper app.

To be honest I'm a bit disappointed with the new creative stylus, and instead use the latest Adonit Jot Touch stylus, and although the pressure sensitivity isn't supported by ArtRage for the latest Adonit, there are no tilt problems, it seems more accurate and responsive and feels a bit less like you are drawing on glass.

If you're seeing a difference - make sure you have downloaded the latest version of ArtRage. If you still see a difference when holding the stylus at the same angle between the Paper app and ArtRage with the stylus connected (note that if you don't connect the stylus to ArtRage and use it, you will see an offset because the correction is only applied when the stylus has been connected) send a mail to support@artrage.com and we can look in to it.
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.