ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rhodesian Ridgeback Puppy

Rhodesian Ridgeback Puppy

Not Art Rage this time, but I thought I would bore you with it ....

I'm judging the Canine Art Museum Art Show at KCC Park in a fortnight. I have cadged a small corner for my own work so thought I'd better get some doggie stuff done.

I've eased into it gently with a Conte drawing of a Ridgeback puppy I photographed a while back. I LOVE Conte!

Attachment 84556

Awww. This is lovely, and I'm not even that fond of dogs

I'm in awe - Robyn, pencil, pens, paints - you work wonders with them all!
    June.

Oh God of homeless things, look down
    And try to ease the way
    Of all the little weary paws
    That walk the world
    today.
    -
    Unknown.

http://enug66.deviantart.com/gallery/

Looks regal Nicely done
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/andreamgart

That's what art's about, isn't it -- at some point it's about the relationship between the art and the viewer, sort of like speed dating. (D Akey)

An exquisite drawing indeed!
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Hello Robyn....Wasn't bored at all....love seeing drawings, especially such well done ones!
    You take care,
    Steve

Thank you all! It's funny when you post something, you always see something that needs refining. Or maybe the photo has changed the depth of colour somewhat. I must check.

Bertrude, you should try liking dogs, they nicer than lots of people. Some of my best friends are dogs!

This is a very fine drawing and all, Copespeak, my dear girl, but, confound it, why are you secreting away the ridges on the dog's back, pray? I mean does it look like a stegosaurus from the side or a Klingon's forehead? I must confess you have me baffled, old sport, wot.

Why not put the ridges back, as the name would suggest. I mean the pup's called a Rhodesian with the Ridgesback, n'est pas, yes-no?. No bait and switch, if you please, or I'll have to take the matter up with the proprietor, will'nt I.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Gorgeous dog

Lovely breed and terrific drawing.

Arrrrrr, dear Mr Akey, yer've flipped yer lid at last! Answer that knocking on yer door, the men in white coats are waitin' for ye!

Marilyn Anne, thank you! Yes, the breed is beautiful with their rich colour and dark points, and they grow into such handsome dogs. Of course, the ridge is really unusual, but necessary for showing. Some pups are born without and are relegated immediately to 'pet' status.
    Last edited by copespeak; 12-03-2014 at 11:00 AM.