ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Create Bump Map from Texture

Create Bump Map from Texture

Morning!
    I've painted a background I'm going to use in CG. The painting has a nice texture to it - brush strokes etc.
    Is there any way to create a greyscale version of the picture based on the height/texture of the brush strokes (not the RGB of the image)

Thankyou

Ooky

I believe if you merge the image down to a single layer and then use the "Export Layer to Channels" option, found on the main menu tab for the layers panel, you should get the map you're looking for. I've used them for the texture mapping of the Sticker sheets, before.
    Nothing is easy to the unwilling.

Great!

Quote Originally Posted by Someonesane View Post
    I believe if you merge the image down to a single layer and then use the "Export Layer to Channels" option, found on the main menu tab for the layers panel, you should get the map you're looking for. I've used them for the texture mapping of the Sticker sheets, before.
    Brilliant Tip! Thought I was being overly-optimistic, but that's great news.

Thanks for your help

Ooky

No problem
    Nothing is easy to the unwilling.